Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Financial Operations
Old Dominion University
The School of Public Health's Director of Financial Operations oversees multiple generaladministrative strategic, tactical, and/or operational areas including but not limited to StrategicPlanning, Finance, Human Resources, Facilities, and/or Information Technology in order to ensurecompliance with university policies and procedure in financial reporting and management.
Provides guidance to the dean, associate deans of the college, and its constituent school chairs.
Budgeting and Financial
In consultation with the deans, department chairs and other administrative unit head, develops college guidelines for the preparation, development and submission of annual operating budgets.
- Works closely with Academic Affairs in the areas of procurement, human resources, financial management and other logistical entities.
- Plans, implements, coordinates, monitors and evaluates policies and procedures and monitor compliance with policies and procedures. Interpret state, federal and university policies and procedures. Develop recommended guidelines for the college within university policies and procedures.
- Reviews and approves financial transactions within the college to ensure appropriate accounts, allowability and compliance. Approves budget transfers for all college accounts.
- Manages financial oversight throughout the year and annual fiscal year-end financial activities. Performs budget and trend analyses for dean and unit head. Determines the causes of significant variances and provides recommendations. Resolves operational and procedural financial matter‐including budget adjustments and/or budget reallocation.
- Reviews and approves monthly school reconciliation for accuracy, compliance and timeliness. Reconciles college monthly reconciliation and obtains the appropriate approvals and oversight from Academic Affairs.
- Oversees Ed Foundation gift and endowment accounts and Research Foundation contracts, sponsored projects, and their related cost sharing commitments and overhead allocations, disbursements and payroll activity.
- Oversees the distribution, usage, and reconciliation of special funding (e.g. Equipment Trust, Purchase Release, Endowed Professorship, Desk Top Funding, Distance Learning (DL) Revenue and Indirect Cost Return
- Manages and monitors Graduate Assistantships and Tuition Waivers Allocations.
- Confers and provides recommendation to dean and unit heads regarding the financial implications of potential and new initiatives.
- Monitors procurement-card holders to approve and/or coordinate transactions in relation to expense tracking, budget performance and compliance of procurement/finance policies and procedures.
Risk Management Operations
- Monitors risk management policies and procedures, reviews college proposals and contracts to ensure compliance with university, state, federal and audit guidelines and regulations.
- Oversees the management/maintenance of all insurance, leases, contracts, and other agreements relative to college operations, in consultation with appropriate administrators and other university staff.
- Provides advice on appropriate technology required to meet information and financial reporting requirements.
- Authorizes and approves computer, system, and building access privileges for all faculty, staff, and students within the college.
- Serves as the liaison to Human Resources and Academic Affairs on a varietyof personnel matters, faculty contracts, and staffing
- Oversees payroll functions/ coordinates HR related efforts to ensure timely and accurate payments. Approves /payroll documents/verification processes as assigned.
- Manages personnel activities including position analyses, updating position descriptions and assisting with employment offers.
- Manages in the hiring and training of subordinate business staff and student workers within the college. Assists in the annual performance evaluation process as directed. Works with the dean and unit heads to provide input into competitive salary benchmarks and equity adjustments.
- Reviews and approves personnel actions for the College and departments Works with unit directors to develop strategic staffing plans and to recruit a diverse faculty and staff. Provides guidance to supervisors in college to ensure compliance with HR policies, procedures, and expectations for management.
- May serve on university/college committees and/or initiatives.
- Serves as the liaison for audits, risk management, and facilities management.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |