Reporting to the Special Assistant, Inclusion and Diversity, the Director of the Cross Cultural Center for Excellence (CCCE) serves as a key member of Office of Inclusion and Diversity’s (OID) team and
provides leadership to OID’s Cross Cultural Center for Excellence. This position supports the overall
mission and vision of the Office of Inclusion and Diversity (OID) by leading the development, planning, and execution of student achievement, student belonging, and leadership development programming for underrepresented students and communities at Auburn University. The Director aligns the center’s activities with OID’s strategic vision through the design, delivery, assessment, and reporting of evidence-based programs and outcomes.
1. Approaches diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts informed by data, scholarship, research, and
best/promising practices. Partners with OID leadership in cross-institutional efforts to advance
campus wide knowledge, competencies, and evidence-based practices related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
2. Leads, designs, and implements programmatic efforts within the center that supports the
attraction, retention, achievement, and academic and professional development of underrepresented student populations. Designs, facilitates, and implements high-impact
programs and experiences that advance the key areas of the Cross Cultural Center for Excellence including, student belonging, student achievement, and professional and leadership development.
3. Develops and maintains close working relationships with student organizations reporting to the
CCCE. Provides leadership development opportunities for student organization. Collaborates
with student leaders and student organizations on social, cultural, academic, and educational
4. Leads the Cross Cultural Center for Excellence team in the development of evidence-based
activities and data-driven programmatic goals and benchmarks to inform practice. Establishes
assessment practices and protocols to measure sub-unit impact. Analyzes, organizes, and
communicates written and oral reports related to the Cross Cultural Center for Excellence.
5. Develops strong relationships and partnerships across Auburn University to foster greater student diversity and an inclusive climate. Provide a range of support and advocacy for underrepresented students including through committee service, professional development, and other efforts.
6. Collaboratively coordinates campus wide activities such as MLK Day, Heritage Months, Cultural
Recognition and other campus wide DEI programs. Works directly with internal and external
partners to create professional development opportunities for students.
7. Manages the Cross Cultural Center’s full time, graduate student, and undergraduate student staff and allocated, budget. These efforts include aligning strategic priorities for employees, working with the budget manager on the annual budget process; and remaining fiscally aware of spending from CCCE, including student organizations. □Promotes the use of CCCE’s student spaces and resources. Facilitates effective use of university’s physical and financial resources among student organizations and leaders.
8. Advances special projects as designated by OID Leadership and institutional needs, specifically developing and managing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) programming, initiatives, and/or education.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.