Associate Athletic Director of Business Operations
Georgia Southern University
3900310201-Extramural Physical Activities
The Associate Athletic Director of Business Operations serves as Chief Financial Officer for Athletics; oversees management of internal Athletics Department Business and Finance operations; represents Director of Athletics at meetings, conferences, and Athletic or Academic functions; develops and manages Athletics Department budget to support institutional and Athletics mission and strategic goals; and maintains strict adherence to National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), University, and Athletics rules and regulations, ensuring that all business activities are in compliance. This position requires a workweek that often extends beyond 40 hours to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Oversees Athletics Business Office.
- Develops and monitors annual Athletics budget in conjunction with Athletic Director.
- Works closely with University Vice President for Business and Finance on budgetary aspects of Athletics Department budget.
- Ensures business activities are in compliance with NCAA, conference, University System Board of Regents, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Projects and analyzes cost center expenditures and revenues.
- Monitors Athletic budgets.
- Prepares Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) Report and NCAA financial reports.
- Leads and supervises team reporting to and supporting Associate Athletics Director of Business Operations.
- Serves as a Sport Administrator.
- Liaises with University legal counsel.
- Manages financial agreements associated with Athletics Department.
- Liaises with Business and Finance units, to include: Controller's Office and Auxiliary Services.
- Oversees budget and expenses for the Athletic Foundation.
- Collaborates with Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Affairs to record and track business agreements to ensure compliance with agreed-upon contracts.
- Prepares and maintains budgetary strategic plans.
- Communicates NCAA compliance standards and assists with rules education.
- Assists with Human Resources functions for Athletics Department.
- Reports all known or suspected NCAA violations or conference regulations to appropriate Athletics or Institutional administrator.
- Follows safety and risk management policies in performance of work.
- Performs related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?:
Minimum Experience Required:
Three years of related work experience successful work experience in athletics administration and/or coaching at college level; supervisory experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication skills (verbal and written); developed organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; and successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date:
Job Closing Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/68073
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.