The Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center (GPAC) at Auburn University seeks candidates for a Director of Education & Engagement position. Reporting to the GPAC Executive Director, this position will be responsible for executing the development, implementation, and management of educational initiatives as well as campus and community engagement at the GPAC supporting the needs of the campus, community, region, and state; local and regional school systems; as well as the integration of interdisciplinary arts education programs supporting the mission, vision, and goals of Auburn University.
To learn more about GPAC, please visit: https://goguecenter.auburn.edu/
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
1. Manages the GPAC Education and Engagement department by developing, implementing, and directing education and engagement activities, events, and programs. Oversees and directs all educational and engagement activities, events, and programs while managing logistics in collaboration with GPAC departments.
2. Provides support to the GPAC Executive Director in assessment of potential season artists and performers for education and campus & community engagement activities, events, and programs.
3. Strategizes, creates, and delivers short-term and long-term goals for the GPAC education and engagement department. Reports qualitative and quantitative program evaluations through post-event surveys and other methods.
4. Creates and fosters partnerships and relationships on and off campus and acts as the GPAC Education and Engagement department liaison between these groups and the GPAC.
5. Identifies grant writing opportunities and develops grant proposals for GPAC Education and Engagement department. Responsible for providing documentation for and writing final grant reports.
6. Collaborates with the GPAC Communications and Marketing Department in the planning, coordination, and implementation of communication and marketing plans for the Education and Engagement department activities, events, and programs at GPAC.
7. Responsible for hiring, training, supervising, and motivating a strong and strategically-focused team, including but not limited to: Campus and Community Programs Manager, Education Coordinator, and student employees.
8. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director, GPAC.