Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Dean for Diversity and Inclusion
The Tufts University Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy is the only graduate school of nutrition in North America. The breadth of our programs is unparalleled including cutting-edge research and education from individuals to food systems, and from genetics to policy. This unique breadth and scope make the Friedman School a leading institution for evidence-based nutrition education, research, and public impact.
Position is grant funded and 3-year limited term, with an end date of 9/30/2026. This is a benefits-eligible role.
What You'll Do
The Assistant Dean for Diversity and Inclusion has primary responsibility for the Friedman School diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives throughout the school; including for faculty, staff, and students. The Assistant Dean of Diversity and Inclusion will work closely with the Dean’s Office to both develop and administer new programming and to lead the implementation of the school’s action plan to build a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive school and nutrition community. The Assistant Dean will actively engage with the school’s students, faculty, and staff to promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all members of the Friedman School community.
- Leads ongoing implementation of the Friedman School of Nutrition’s inclusive excellence action plan
- Develops and administers a new summer pipeline program for undergraduates
- Serves as a mentor for graduate students from underrepresented backgrounds
- Guides training and development opportunities related to inclusive excellence for faculty, staff, and students
- Collaborates with Dean for Educational Affairs to support inclusive excellence in the curriculum and classroom
- Works in collaboration with the Dean for Faculty Affairs to support inclusive excellence in faculty hiring and mentoring practices
- Interfaces with the Office of the Vice Provost for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice to implement the strategic vision for the School’s efforts in this area to support the university-wide commitment to DEI
- Participates with other university diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice officers to create a university-wide strategy to advance institutional inclusive excellence
- Sits on the university-wide council of school-based diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice leaders and serve on other related committees
- Helps foster an environment and culture that supports the retention and success of faculty, staff, and students from underrepresented populations
- Advances student leadership around diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
- Establishes metrics and evaluates progress toward the Friedman School’s diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice action plan goals
- In a practitioner-to-scholar model, may be responsible for some teaching and research
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of Master’s degree in a related field and 5+ years of experience in a role supporting diversity and inclusion efforts in the workplace
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, lead, and evaluate initiatives related to inclusive excellence
- Ability to advise administration, faculty, staff, and students on matters related to inclusive excellence
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals from different identities and backgrounds
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Terminal degree
- Experience with and interest in curriculum development, inclusive teaching, and pedagogy
- Experience in the field(s) of nutrition or public health
- Experience working in a diversity role(s) in higher education
Minimum $112,500.00, Midpoint $140,650.00, Maximum $168,800.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |