The Office of Alumni Engagement (OAE) at Tufts University seeks a dynamic and motivated colleague to join the team as Assistant Director of Volunteer Engagement.
OAE’s mission is to inspire lifelong engagement with the Tufts community. Through connections, shared experiences, and opportunities
What You'll Do
The Assistant Director will have primary responsibility for building and strengthening our community of alumni volunteers. They will develop a variety of programs aimed at volunteer recruitment, training, recognition, and connection, including a regular summit, communications, and other digital initiatives. They will partner within University Advancement and across campus to ensure a consistent, meaningful experience for all alumni who volunteer with the university. This position will also work closely with the Alumni Council, organizing twice-annual meetings, serving as staff partner to a number of committees, and organizing the alumni and senior awards programs
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in alumni engagement or related field.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office/similar systems and experience with database systems (Advance, Millennium, Raiser's Edge, etc.).
- Available for evening and weekend work as required.
- Knowledge of volunteer management in a higher education or nonprofit setting.
- Strong professional, interpersonal, team, and leadership skills; tact and flexibility in working with a diverse range of alumni.