Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director of Communications
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Assistant Director of Communications
reports to the School’s Director of Communications and the Dean of The School of Architecture and Planning.
The person in this role will serve as a vital Communications team member in a highly collaborative environment working to raise the global reputation of the School and its faculty while engaging strategic external audiences and supporting student and faculty recruitment and success.
The Communications team is responsible for creative design and branding, media relations, alumni and industry engagement, and public events and programs, such as such as the School’s annual lecture series, alumni events, and special events and initiatives of the Dean’s Office. The position will have a significant role in promotion of faculty work and recognition, as well as in marketing to prospective students to support recruitment and enrollment efforts.
The Assistant Director will work collaboratively with academic leadership, faculty, and professional staff at the School and university in marketing and communications, recruitment, alumni engagement, and university advancement, and provide support to the Director of Communications in the oversight of the Communications portfolio. They are a leader – they take initiative, are motivated, creative, and eager to learn; thrive in a fast-paced, creative, and enterprising environment; and demonstrate sharp organizational and project management skills.
- Lead the graphic, visual, and brand identity of all multi-media and digital products for the School, including news stories, graphics, video, and photography that capture the life and work of our School and its public programs to feature on the School’s website, social media channels, email marketing, and paid advertising.
- Assist in management and monitoring of the School’s top-level social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Manage the School’s website, including creation of content, web copywriting and graphic design.
- Support website maintenance, including updated content features, use of Content Management Systems, web design and implementation of university-driven website development initiatives
- Assessment of performance and areas for growth in audience outreach and engagement, including Google Analytics and search engine optimization.
- Support other media production including online advertising, digital and environmental displays, and print media
- Provide some logistical/administrative support for outsourced contracts for sponsored media, print and design projects, and in-house mailings and outreach.
- Produce and administer School e-newsletter for internal and external audiences.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Communications, School administration, and faculty to assess, improve and implement digital content strategies.
- Ensure consistency of the school’s visual identity and in all digital products
- Provide back-up to the Director of Communications on an as-needed basis
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required, with some travel, in support of School events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
A Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) years of demonstrated experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |