As a key member of the executive leadership team, the Associate Provost, who reports to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Success at Lehman College, will serve as the principal deputy in the Division of Academic Affairs and Student Success. The Associate Provost serves on the President’s Cabinet, the Deans’ and the Provost’s Council, and works closely with the Provost in providing leadership for the academic schools, their associated degree programs and the administrative divisions including enrollment management and student affairs. The Associate Provost also participates in enrollment planning, strategic planning, resource/budget planning, educational policy issues, and accreditation actions. The Associate Provost also serves as a key advisor to the Provost in the areas of research and sponsored programs and Lehman’s Centers and Institutes and oversees the Office of Academic Programs and Educational Effectiveness. As the College’s Accreditation Liaison Officer, the Associate Provost works closely with the Middle States’ Commission on Higher Education.
The Associate Provost will:
- Provide leadership and oversight of undergraduate and graduate academic programs, including General Education, as well as student success, assessment and educational effectiveness, online education; faculty recruitment and professional development;
- Collaborate with faculty and campus leaders to provide administrative leadership for strategic programs and initiatives and the teaching and learning center.
- Develop and implement new degree programs, online programs, certificates, and courses, working closely and collaboratively with deans, department chairs and faculty governance committees; develop and manage special academic programs and initiatives.
- Work with the provost, deans, department chairs, and coordinators on course and program reviews and assessment; oversee all pre-professional programs (pre-law, pre-med, pre-health) and support their efforts to promote student interest in, preparation for, and admission to graduate and professional education.
- Oversee all college-based academic foundational and general education programs and CUNY-funded general education initiatives; ensure that the Lehman College Honors program continues to flourish and that the College continues as a prominent participant in the CUNY Macaulay Honors College.
- Provide oversight and leadership for the Office of Prestigious Awards; expand efforts to increase the number of students who receive national and regional awards, and ensure that Lehman College remains a Fulbright "Top Producing Institution."
- Incorporate International and Global Education Initiatives, service learning, and high impact practices within Lehman’s general education program.
- Work closely with campus leaders to ensure that services to students support retention and graduation and are carefully planned and implemented and serve on appropriate college governance and university committees and task forces.
- Coordinate and prepare curricular items for submission to the CUNY Office of Academic Affairs and Board of Trustees.
- Serve as the College’s Accreditation Liaison Officer, working closely with the Middle States’ Commission on Higher Education.
- Work on other college projects and initiatives as required.
This position is in CUNY’s Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ related experience.
An earned doctorate or a terminal degree; a record of teaching, research, scholarship and creative activity and service sufficient to warrant an appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor in one of the academic departments; experience in administration or leadership; knowledge of and expertise with academic programs; demonstrable knowledge and understanding of educational effectiveness, including strategic planning and assessment of student learning; knowledge of and understanding of shared governance; strong organizational and communication skills; and ability to effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders in a dynamic, complex environment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Application materials include a cover letter describing qualifications and relevancy of experience to position, curriculum vitae/resume and the names and contact information for three references. Please upload these as one document in a Doc or PDF format.
Review of CVs will begin October 3, 2019.
Got to: https://cuny.jobs/lehman-college/new-jobs/
Click on the position announcement
Click the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions.
Application materials include a cover letter describing qualifications and relevancy of experience to position, curriculum vitae/resume and the names and contact information for three references. Please upload these as one document in a Doc or PDF format.