THIS POSTING IS RESERVED FOR CURRENT AUBURN UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES, NOT TES.
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System (ACES) leverages extramural funding to expand program capacity; monitors programmatic outcomes; analyzes outcomes to document programmatic impact; and reports these impacts to county, state, and federal stakeholders. The Assistant Director for Grant and Program Development works across and within multiple priority program teams and partner colleges in alignment with the System Administrative Team’s vision and goals. This position works collaboratively with extension faculty, sponsors, and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops a strong mentorship program for county coordinators, field agents, and specialists in program evaluation, program development, and grant proposal development through one-on-one advising, in-service training, and resource development and dissemination.
2. Provides leadership to ACES, including partner colleges, efforts to build individual, team, and organizational capacity in extension program design, outcome monitoring, and evaluation planning.
3. Provides leadership and support to program priority teams in the evaluation of Extension educational programs in the state plan-of-work. Uses a logic model approach to develop a consistent and an agreeable set of success outcome markers and indicators for long-term extension team success.
4. Facilitates communication and sharing of outcomes and impacts from program evaluation efforts undertaken from across ACES, including partner colleges. Provides leadership for development of annual stakeholder reports of accomplishment, curricula and program design resources that build organizational capacity, and scholarly practices of Extension program management and evaluation.
5. Provides leadership to establishing relationships among federal and state granting agencies, Extension personnel, and partner colleges that connect grant initiatives to program or project needs and to offer grant writing workshops or other learning experiences.
6. Assists principal investigators in the development of effective and fundable extramural proposals by facilitating the proposal development process through planning and Logic Model preparation, facilitating team development and creative collaborations, and optimizing Extension resource utilization through pre and post-award management.
7. Works collaboratively with the ACES Business Office in co-developing or reviewing internal grant-writing guidelines and tip sheets for system-wide usage. Integrates the overall Extension strategy and evaluation plans in proposals to meet the standards of ACES Strategic Plan and organizational values.
8. Supervises program development, grant development, and evaluation personnel to potentially include designated staff or students.
9. Oversees and coordinates the USDA-NIFA federal reporting for the System.
10. Advises Assistant Director colleagues in best practices and use of program evaluation, program development, and grant proposal development for performance improvement, organizational learning, and decision-making.
11. Represents ACES in national and regional program evaluation and program development efforts and gains visibility in professional organizations.