Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Development
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Director of Development
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position reports directly to the Assistant Vice President in the Division of University Advancement (UA). Carrying a portfolio of approximately 125 prospects and current donors (with capacities of $100,000+), the Director of Development will secure major gifts and work with others in the UA Division that support WPI's mission.
- Develop and implement qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for a prospect portfolio of approximately 125 major individual gift prospects with the capacity to give $100,000 or more.
- Collaborate with Leadership & Planned Giving, Foundation & Corporate Philanthropy teams and Office of Lifetime Engagement in the raising of major, planned and annual gifts.
- Achieve the annual fundraising goal as outlined in the annual goal-setting process. Secure visits to cultivate, solicit and close gifts individually and in cooperation with others on the UA team. Achieve specific metrics as outlined in annual metric-based goals.
- Foster a collaborative, service-oriented environment within the UA Division in achieving the annual goals of the Division. Work as appropriate with administrators, faculty and staff members, and colleagues on major gift initiatives.
- Develop productive working relationships that engage and involve key volunteers at various stages of their relationship with the University.
- Support efforts and coordinate donor relations, communications and special events with the UA offices of Events & Communications; Office of Lifetime Engagement; and Donor Relations & Stewardship that further the strategic priorities of WPI.
- Devise strategies and implement moves management techniques through Salesforce to maximize fundraising productivity.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of seven years of experience in institutional advancement or fundraising with a demonstrated record of success.
- The Director of Development must be a results-oriented individual with demonstrated experience closing gifts and working effectively with a diverse group of donors and volunteers at a variety of levels of engagement.
- Ability to innovate and think creatively about moves management and gift strategies.
- This position requires an individual who understands person-to-person relationships and has the ability to articulate in a persuasive manner the vision and priorities of the University and match those to the interests of prospective donors.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently to cultivate and solicit gifts.
- Familiarity with charitable gift arrangements.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to concurrently handle multiple tasks.
- Possess strong written, oral and interpersonal skills to further relationships with donors and volunteers.
- Proficiency with standard computer applications (Microsoft Office) including familiarity with Salesforce or similar fundraising software to insure proposals, gifts and contact reports are captured is essential.
- Participation and involvement in two mandatory Division events is required: Homecoming in the Fall and Alumni Weekend in the Spring.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the assignment of other duties that are logically related to the position.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Director-of-Development_R0000676
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |