Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Facilities Operations & Building Site Director (5196U), Haas School of Business - 41022
University of California, Berkeley
Facilities Operations & Building Site Director (5196U), Haas School of Business - 41022
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all. Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
The Haas Facilities team supports the core educational and research mission of the Haas School of Business by maintaining a safe, beautiful, and functional campus environment, and providing services and spaces for campus life and activity outside the classroom. Haas Facilities is responsible for the safety, preservation, and maintenance of the Haas campus. Haas Facilities works with UC Berkeley Facilities Services to ensure the repair, and restoration of existing spaces; as well as operations, and maintenance of buildings and grounds.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 08/26/2022.
Supervise and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Haas Facilities team.
- Supervise a staff of 3-5 people, assigning work, assuring that work quality and work frequency standards are continually met.
- Make day-to-day decisions on department priorities, providing guidance to supervised staff and vendor/contractors as needed.
- Develop and manage processes the manage work requests.
- Hire, train and manage Achieve evaluations for direct report staff.
Acts as the Haas liaison with internal campus facilities/custodial/security organization(s) and external agencies regarding safety, access, maintenance, remodeling, and construction activities of multiple building occupants and buildings with complex needs such as teaching classrooms.
- Serve as the Haas ADA compliance liaison.
- Develops and ensures the proper implementation of the UC Berkeley injury and Illness Prevention Program, (IIPP).
- Responsible for Cleary Act compliance and reporting.
- Drafts and delivers necessary and requested facilities information to the Haas Community.
Coordinates with multiple units throughout the UC Berkeley campus to provide a safe and secure facilities environment.
- Works with internal and external agencies/contractors as needed in regards to existing contract terms or to solicit or negotiate contracts
Collaborates with Haas and department leadership on the development of space planning; evaluates and advises on the design and allocation of resources.
Provides planning and coordination for construction and alteration of projects on a continuing basis.
- Coordinates emergency repairs during and after work hours.
Develops budgets for management review to include moves with significant building infrastructure upgrades.
- Reviews building management procedures and recommends changes; ensures currency, relevance, and adherence to internal and external regulatory requirements.
Professional Learning and Growth
- Embraces the principle of being a "student always" by engaging in opportunities for training, workshops, seminars, continuing education pertinent to the position, or at the suggestion of the supervisor.
- Actively contributes to a team environment that fosters and promotes a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) within the unit and at Haas.
- Engages in ongoing education to promote diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging by completing University sponsored certifications & training sessions (Ie: MEP Workshop, Implicit Bias Certification, LinkedIn Learning workshops, and other workshops & seminars offered by the University or Haas, as they are made available) or by engaging in external seminars & resources related to DEIB.
- Exemplifies Haas Defining Principles: students always, confidence w/o attitude, question the status quo, and beyond yourself.
- Advanced knowledge in the areas of building space planning, codes, capacity, security, fire safety, organization and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills in working collaboratively and influencing others.
- Advanced project management skills demonstrating organization and multi-tasking skills to effectively prioritize large project work.
- Advanced analytical skills to assess processes or services to make improvements.
- Experience with ADA guidelines, IIPP, Cleary Act, Environment and safety laws and regulations
- Leadership skills establishing common ground while leading and motivating a team and/or colleagues towards a positive outcome.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating a desire to promote diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging to establish and maintain positive & professional working relationships with colleagues, students and team members.
- Exemplifies Haas' four Defining Leadership Principles: (1) Question the status quo; (2) Confidence without attitude; (3) Students always; and (4) Beyond yourself.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in a business, organization or public university setting.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural or engineering concepts.
- Advanced knowledge and skill regarding specialized research needs in space planning and advanced skill to effectively translate needs to professional architects and engineers.
Salary & Benefits
This is a 100% time (40-hrs a week), monthly paid, exempt position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience up to $131,100.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=41022&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |