The College of Education at Auburn University is excited to recruit candidates for an Assistant Project Director (Gear Up Achieve) position working at the Truman Pierce Institute!
Reporting to the Dir, GEAR UP ACHIEVE the Asst Project Director will assist with planning, coordinating, delivering, and managing the GEAR UP ACHIEVE services to accomplish the projects goals and objectives. This position will be responsible for administering the project’s day-to-day budgeting responsibilities. This position will also be responsible for working with the program evaluation personnel to ensure data is collected and analyzed in alignment with the project's stated goals.
GEAR UP Achieve is designed to improve access for students across the state, with strategic goals that include:
- Improving access to high-quality literacy and mathematics instruction;
- Leveraging state-level data to monitor students’ academic progress;
- Supporting school counselors, career coaches and academic advisors in guiding students toward higher education opportunities;
- Assisting students and their families in navigating the college admissions process and preparing to meet Alabama’s workforce needs; and
- Increasing awareness of the costs of higher education and providing technical assistance to students and their families in completing the requirements for receiving financial aid.
About Auburn: Auburn was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years! Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-for-auburn.
It’s a Lifestyle: The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel, perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town. You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s time to come home!
Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion
to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.This is a limited term appointment. Continuation of employment after 09/30/2030 is contingent upon availability of funds.