To lead the University of Sharjah (UoS) campus-wide, as well as well as the 5 university branches, Information Technology (IT) and Telecommunication Center, which include planning, management and development for the UoS Four IT sections (Infrastructure, MIS, Academic Computing, Support and Security). Oversee the full network security to ensure IT is accessible by all Faculty, Staff and Students at the UoS.
Main accountabilities & expectations:
You should demonstrate true leadership in having a broad range of skills, from technical knowledge to understanding modern business practices at UoS.
Be a team-oriented who supervising team of over 60 staff, while working closely with the senior management.
You should demonstrate an excellent leadership for effective use of IT services and support required for all university stakeholders in terms of teaching & learning, Research & Innovations, University Community Services and administration duties.
To plan and direct personnel, administrative and operational activities of the University.
Play a leadership role in developing a capacity building programs for current staff to ensure the university IT sections having the current and future IT expertise in years to come.
Develop the ITC’s policies and procedures in alignment with the university’s policies and regulations, and the requirements of UAE Ministry of Higher Education in order to achieve UOS’s vision and mission.
Oversee the implementation of technical projects by directing and coordinating activities in order to ensure projects are completed on time and are aligned with the UoS’ organizational goals and priorities.
Direct the effective delivery and proper upgrades of systems, networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes to assure IT’ smooth operations and availability.
Support strategic solutions that help increase data access controls, security, identifies security vulnerabilities, and eliminates any data security threats.
Provide leadership to the ITC’s team in order to build and develop their organizational capabilities, provide them with development opportunities such as training, coaching, etc., as well as report on their performance.
Manage the hiring process for the ITC’s department including preparing initial job descriptions, request to recruit, selection and interview process in order to ensure the best and most suitable candidates are selected for the available vacancies.
Collaborate with information engineers to find prompt solutions to issues and problems and directs day-to-day activities to focus on priorities.
Recommend new products or services by identifying new opportunities in order to improve technology delivery to the UoS.
Manage the department’s budget, track expenditures, and ensure they are within the limits of the budget.
Provide various reports, strategic plans, analysis and statistics related to the Information Technology Center when requested by top management.
Complete any other job-related tasks as assigned by line manager within the expected time limit.
Liaise with academic and administrative entities to ensure that their IT needs and requirements, licensing and IT services support is provided in timely manner.
Job Specific Accountabilities:
1. Develop the ITC’s operational plans and monitor the effective implementation of systems while ensuring that they are in line with other plans from across the ITC in order to contribute to the realization of the university’s overall strategic objectives.
2. Supervise the effective achievement of the recruitment objectives, set individual objectives, supervise, monitor and evaluate the team’s performance, and support in the development of staff in order to participate in the achievement of the overall ITC objectives.
3. Provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to all subordinates to support their overall personal and professional development in order to contribute in preparing a workforce that drives UOS and achieve its strategic objectives.
4. Organize and supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within the contract management section is carried out in an efficient manner which is consistent with the Vice Chancellor of Financial and Administrative Affairs function’s operating procedures and operational plans.
5. Motivate subordinates and contribute in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes, and practices while taking into account international leading practices in the contract management spectrum, improvement of business processes, cost reduction, and productivity enhancement.
Systems, Processes and Reports
6. Provide input to enhance and oversee the implementation of the ITC’s policies and procedures, to ensure adherence to UOS’s regulations.
7. Supervise the preparation and review the contract management ITC reports and ensure that they are prepared timely and accurately, and meet the ITC’s requirements, and standards.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to prepare professional documents, in both Arabic and English.
Lead initiatives to change the structure, system or work flows of the university to effectively support the UOS strategic plan.
Ability to solve real-world technology challenges.
Ability to evaluate new technologies for competitive advantage and apply new principles to a high-tech organization.
Project and time management skills.
Demonstrate flexibility in the face of change.
Diplomacy and ability to resolve conflicts.
Analytical and critical thinking.
High integrity and respectful.
Preferred Qualification & Experience:
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a relevant discipline.
10-12 Years of UAE experience in leadership position in higher education institutions.
Priority to UAE Nationals.