Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Senior Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission, Adult and Transfer
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission, Adult and Transfer is responsible for overseeing the recruitment and counseling of transfer, adult, and traditional first year students; coordinating the transfer/adult/online admission team; and monitoring trends in the transfer and adult market in order to drive strategy, set goals, and respond quickly to changes in the industry and within Simmons University. The Senior Assistant Director is expected to travel to regional, national, and possibly international recruitment events, meet with prospective students and families, and evaluate several hundred applications per year for admission to on-campus and online programs. Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Undergraduate Admission, the ideal candidate will manage professional staff; work with colleagues at Simmons, our partner 2U, community colleges, and professional organizations; and provide transfer and adult recruitment and admission leadership for the office. Additional responsibilities and projects will be assigned as needed.
- Coordinate strategy to recruit transfer and adult students to Simmons University;
- Work with a small population of first-year students;
- Assist with application review and advise on recruitment strategy for online programs;
- Recruit, evaluate and counsel students from the prospect stage through enrollment;
- Develop communications and contact students, families, and counselors to motivate and assist students in moving through all points in the admission process;
- Identify the key priorities and needs of individual students and families and use appropriate communications to influence their decision to enroll, including ensuring seamless counseling for students who are considering both the on-campus and online programs;
- Identify and develop new opportunities and entry points in the prospect funnel with the goal of increasing the enrollment of qualified students;
- Lead projects within the Office of Undergraduate Admission and/or in partnership with 2U's Simmons Online team that may include scholarship management (including the Transfer SUCCESS Scholarship), campus visit programs, special recruitment initiatives, faculty file review, and/or serve as liaison to other offices;
- Serve as the primary adult and transfer admission contact for other offices at Simmons and represent Undergraduate Admission on the Transfer Student Success Team;
- Advise colleagues in Undergraduate Admission on how projects can best serve the needs of adult and transfer students;
- Train professional and student staff on adult- and transfer-related topics;
- Serve as the primary application reviewer for assigned recruitment territory and assist others in their review as needed, including reading applications for online undergraduate programs. This includes being the first reviewer for approximately 400 files per year; being the final reviewer for approximately 250 files per year; and chairing the transfer/adult/online admission committee;
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service by communicating clearly, positively, and effectively in a timely manner with all constituents;
- Manage admission staff, file readers, undergraduate students, and/or graduate interns;
- Participate in on-campus, off-campus, and virtual recruitment and yield events;
- Plan travel and events within the first-year territory and all transfer/adult/online travel and events, including strategizing what to attend, and creating new events to meet the needs of students throughout the admission cycle;
- This position requires travel to college fairs and visits to community colleges and high schools to promote on-campus and online programs to prospective students, parents, and college counselors. This position will travel approximately 6-8 weeks in the fall and 2-4 weeks in the spring and summer. Travel may be virtual, regional, national, and/or international, and is not restricted to the established territory of the Senior Assistant Director.The specific geographic territory and/or populations will be assigned to the Senior Assistant Director yearly and may be changed at the discretion of the management team.
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience required.Related work experience could include other areas in higher education, graduate admission, high school counseling, sales or a profession that is heavily customer service oriented;
- Minimum of 2 years with transfer and/or adult undergraduates strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a diverse range of constituents;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, prioritize workload and perform duties on a timely basis within deadlines;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems effectively and efficiently;
- Ability to handle confidential information discretely;
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and familiarity with online virtual platforms (Google Meet, Zoom, etc.);
- Valid driver's license required;
- Ability to work regular evenings and weekends during high volume periods related to admission events and activities;
- Ability to travel frequently during the months of September, October, November, March, April and May for the purpose of recruiting prospective students.Trips may be daily and may include overnight to week long trips that require overnight stays on location.
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Senior-Assistant-Director-of-Undergraduate-Admission--Adult-and-Transfer_R07213
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |