Service Experience Manager
Service Experience Manager
St. Edward's University
St. Edward's University is seeking a Service Experience Manager to join the Information Technology team. The Service Experience Manager plays a key role in helping the department achieve its objectives in support of the university's mission. The SEM oversees the OIT support team and provides service leadership to a diverse university community. This role is both strategic and operational with a focus on proactively addressing client service issues. The role is responsible for engineering, managing, supporting, and delivering improvements for end-user solutions. Additionally, this role provides mentorship training to team members and evaluates new processes and systems in order to best support the university community. The ideal candidate will exhibit a steadfast interest in user experience and customer service with a focus on process improvement.
The Service Experience Manager will provide:
- Service Staff Leadership
- Manages customer service operations to provide a consistent and effective support experience. Support Experience entails case submission, level 1 & 2 support until case resolution.
- Ability to align and train teams around organizing, prioritizing, and designing customer service infrastructure and procedures including ticket triaging workflows, knowledge base article taxonomies, ... with an eye toward increasing efficiency and self-service
- Oversee the use of case-management software to ensure high-quality customer service.
- Including training and monitoring of users from other departments.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and training opportunities for team members.
- Process Improvement Leadership
- Ability to ascertain information about current organizational processes and how to go about organizing and improving IT Service Management practices based on data and feedback.
- Assist in capacity planning, performance monitoring and maintenance to ensure optimal availability and reliability of our services.
- Must be an effective communicator and facilitator of information to peers, management, leadership and executives.
- Ability to effectively document business cases, solution strategies, status tracking, processes, procedures, and knowledge articles associated with implementing service catalog and service request processes.
- Collaborate with team members to evaluate and support new technologies to improve operational efficiency, aligning information technology offerings and university strategic goals.
- Project/Product Leadership
- Use independent decision-making skills and project management expertise to manage technical projects from initiation to completion.
- Manage the relationship with key vendors, namely our external client-service provider.
- Participate in and contribute to cross-departmental (matrix) teams, both as a technical expert and a support consultant.
- 2 yrs management/supervisory experience
- Previous experience providing customer-focused, high-quality support in an academic setting using strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Professional experience with project and service management
- Undergraduate degree with a minimum of five years of experience supporting modern computing systems in a professional environment.
- Understanding of modern desktop management concepts and techniques for managing traditional Windows desktops and Macs.
- Demonstrated ability to foster effective relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Competence with effective communication, organization, and documentation skills.
- Ability to set priorities, solve problems and deliver business value for users.
- Demonstrated experience working with a team to scope and complete IT projects.
- Ability to comply with workplace guidelines and attendance requirements
- Successful candidate must complete an employment and/or criminal background check.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental Sunlife Dental
Vision Guardian/Davis Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
- 5+ yrs management/supervisory experience
- Experience managing a Service Lifecycle Management Process
- Experience managing a Case Management Lifecycle System
- Experience in higher education
- Professional experience using group policies in an Active Directory environment and/or Jamf, and related administration tools.
- Strong understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles, practices, and processes in providing and managing the delivery of a large scale, Enterprise-wide service
- Considerable experience in IT customer service and/or help desk environment with all levels of computer users.
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references
. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J2020149
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.