Reporting to the Special Assistant, Inclusion and Diversity, the Director, Diversity Education and Engagement supports the overall mission and goals of the Office of Inclusion and Diversity (OID) by developing, planning, and executing educational programming and engagement for faculty, staff, and students at Auburn University. Provides leadership to OID’s diversity education and engagement efforts and serves as a strategic leader that builds, maintains, and shares resources (tools, education sessions, etc.) to increase capacity of the campus community to foster an inclusive learning, living, and working environments for all
1. Develops, delivers, and disseminates diversity education content in various modalities using outstanding communication and presentation skills about complex and sensitive diversity, equity, and inclusion topics that advance knowledge, skills, and awareness for a wide range of audiences to include faculty, staff, and students.
2. Develops and manages tiered, web-based and face-to-face, innovative inclusion and diversity learning experiences at introductory, intermediate, and advanced levels.
3. Develops and manages signature diversity education, professional development, micro credentialing and engagement program primarily for faculty and staff.
4. Creates, updates, and maintains a comprehensive content library of education plans, learning materials, and other related materials.
5. Advances special projects as designated by OID Leadership and institutional needs, specifically as it relates to faculty and staff recruitment, employee engagement, diversity education, and other strategic efforts.
6. Develops strong relationships and internal partnerships to liaise between the Office of Inclusion and Diversity to stakeholders, committees, and workgroups managing timelines, meetings, events, parameters, work product quality, and deliverables.
7. Comprehensively assesses all efforts within scope of practice toward measuring impact and effectiveness.
8. Builds, manages, and leads a diverse and inclusive team (including full-time employees, graduate assistants, student workers, and volunteers) to achieve department/organizational goals.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.