Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
If you'd like, Academic Keys can email you similar job openings. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Don't want to subscribe? That's OK too!
Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Executive Director of Educational Opportunity Center
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Educational Opportunity Center
at the University at Buffalo is seeking an effective, progressive, and dynamic administrator who demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion effective, dynamic administrator to serve as the Executive Director of Educational Opportunity Center
). The EOC
, is located in downtown Buffalo, is an educational institution that serves 2,000 nontraditional adult students annually. EOC
has an operating budget of over $5 million, and 70 full and part-time faculty and staff. The Buffalo EOC
is an adult education center that offers tuition-free academic preparation and job training programs to educationally underprepared and economically disadvantaged adult students.
The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of operations for the Center including instruction, student support services, facility management, personnel, and fiscal affairs.
A record of obtaining external funds through state or federal awards, philanthropy, or other sources will be an asset for the successful candidate.
This is a twelve month obligation. The position reports to the Provost of the university. The Executive Director will collaborate with the SUNY University Center for Academic and Workforce Development, UB, and the executive directors of other EOC’s statewide.
The incumbent enhances, supports, and maintains external relationships with civic and business organizations, governmental agencies, corporate entities and community-based organizations to promote and advance the services provided by the Center.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day administration of all areas of the Center, including instructional services, business affairs and administrative services, facility operations, student support, and institutional effectiveness.
- Establish long- and short-term goals for the EOC that are consistent with SUNY EOC Guidelines and objectives and those of UB.
- Consistent with UB, develops policies relating to the operation of the Center.
- Prepare and administer the EOC budget and adhere to budgetary policy in accordance with the New York State Finance Law and procedures.
- Direct and supervise the recruitment, selection, and recommendation of all new staff members according to established UB Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Recommend reappointment, promotion, non-renewal, salaries, and other matters of concern related to individuals and units within the EOC.
- Leads the EOC staff in the review and evaluation of curricula and programs within the Center.
- Participates in institution-wide strategic planning, program research and development, analytical research studies, as well as the development, implementation and evaluation of grant proposals.
- Direct matters relating to EOC program accreditation, grants, affiliations, and articulation agreements with off-campus agencies.
- Develops favorable and cooperative relationships between the EOC and public, private, and nonprofit organizations, including professional associations and agencies.
- Reports regularly to the Provost of the university, per his requests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Provost or his designee.
We invite individuals to apply whose perspectives and experiences will enrich and strengthen our organization. The Educational Opportunity Center serves a diverse constituency. Our employees, services and policies strive to honor and reflect this diversity. We encourage candidates who thrive in a welcoming multicultural environment to apply.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website
to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- A minimum seven years of senior-level, full-time administrative experience in higher education, government, a large non-profit agency, and/or industry.
- A master’s degree in an appropriate field.
- Experience with and knowledge of the education and training needs of an underrepresented adult student population.
- Thorough grounding in higher education and the workings of the academy.
- Experience with workforce preparation including knowledge of business and industry priorities, both locally and statewide.
- Knowledge of and experience with diverse community constituencies with which EOC might interact.
- Strong advocacy skills and experience working successfully with policy makers at the local, state, and federal levels.
- An established record as an innovative leader who understands the importance of technology as it relates to academic excellence, institutional effectiveness and administrative support
- Strong communication skills.
- Applicants must be eligible to work within the United States in a full-time capacity without visa sponsorship.
- Combination of education and experience can be considered in lieu of the degree or years of experience requirement.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |