Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant University Registrar, Academic Services
University of San Francisco
Assistant University Registrar, Academic Services
Position Purpose and Overview
The Assistant University Registrar has four primary areas of responsibility:
1. Leadership in providing guidance and direction on processes affecting operational functions in assigned areas of responsibility.
2. Day-to-day operational management of customer support services of the Office of the University Registrar (OUR).
3. Oversight of classroom scheduling and supervision of the Classroom Scheduling Coordinator.
4. Management of the Teaching Effectiveness Survey, the university's course evaluation process.
Full Job Description:
The Assistant University Registrar (AUR) must possess demonstrated experience for working at a high administrative and technical-functional capacity. The AUR is responsible for the management of the customer support services of the OUR, providing academic records services to students, faculty, and staff, academic records maintenance, and the administration of the university's online Teaching Effectiveness Survey. As a key resource in the OUR, the AUR is responsible for the management of customer support services, including troubleshooting of registrar-related support issues and managing the main registrar e-mail accounts and phone line. The AUR ensures that all academic record requests, including, but not limited to, registration, withdrawals, leaves of absence, grade changes, and changes of academic program are processed on time, without error, and within the USF enrollment management policies. Additionally, the AUR must apply a high level of independent engagement in researching, analyzing, and ultimately resolving potentially complex academic records issues. The AUR will research, recommend, reengineer, and implement process improvements aimed at streamlining operations, and increasing operational efficiencies and data record accuracy. In this regard, the AUR works closely with the Associate University Registrar and Director of Academic Services on the digitization of registrar forms and the daily processing of these online forms. In addition, this position is responsible for Academic Services web content, oversees the hiring and supervision of student assistants, and tracks and orders office supplies. The AUR works closely with the Associate University Registrar/Director of Academic Services and collaborates with colleagues in the Registrar's Office and Strategic Enrollment Management.
The Assistant University Registrar oversees the classroom and final exam scheduling processes and provides direction and supervision to the Classroom Scheduling Coordinator. The AUR engages with the course schedulers in the schools and college on the adherence to the classroom schedule matrix and resolution of classroom scheduling issues.
The Assistant University Registrar is responsible for managing the Teaching Effectiveness Survey process and enforcing university policies pertaining to the survey process. The AUR maintains Blue, which is the system used to administer the Teaching Effectiveness Survey. This includes, but is not limited to, setting up rules each semester in accordance with university policy, creating reports once surveys have been completed, and evaluating updates to the software to determine if USF should update and roll out new functionality. The AUR works closely with Information Technology Services (ITS) and eXplorance (Blue survey vendor) on resolving issues with the Teaching Effectiveness Survey. Additionally, the AUR works with the Associate University Registrar and the University Registrar to present appropriate new functionality to the Provost's Office for buy-in before new evaluation features are implemented.
The Assistant University Registrar reports to the Associate University Registrar/Director of Academic Services.
Essential Position Responsibilities
Management of Operations
- Provide guidance and direction on processes affecting operational functions in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, particularly in balancing the diverse needs of the academic community while working effectively within the Office of the University Registrar.
- Work proactively with the University Registrar, Associate University Registrars, Assistant University Registrars, Strategic Enrollment Management departments, academic units, and university leadership on changes to business process or practices to ensure student service records integrity.
- Review changes to systems and facilitate review of possible changes to processes within the Academic Services unit of the OUR to create new or enhanced functionality.
- Lead and participate in regular meetings and serve on committees and task forces with campus constituents as they pertain to registration, scheduling, course evaluations, or customer service.
- Ensure that customer service is at a high level of excellence, whether via phone call, email correspondence, or in-person communication.
- Provide motivational, positive leadership in using established best practices while injecting an innovative and strategic mindset among staff.
- Serve as a registration expert on a variety of university committees as requested.
- Collect and analyze data in areas of responsibility.
- Develop and present data to senior managers and executives.
- Interpret and enforce university policies and procedures as related to student record maintenance, including FERPA compliance, and, when necessary and appropriate, make determinations for exceptions within policy and FERPA guidelines.
- Keep abreast of Registrar best practices and assist in conducting business process redesign to improve processes.
Management of Scheduling
- Oversee and actively manage all aspects of the day-to-day operational, front-line customer service, including processing of registration, leaves of absence, university withdrawals, grading, and changes of academic program.
- Create and maintain coverage schedules, ensure escalation support, and manage the centralized registrar phone line and email accounts.
- Develop and maintain Academic Services triage and troubleshooting documentation and coordinate with other members of the Office of the University Registrar team on triage, troubleshooting, and escalation of issues.
- Provide training of Registrar staff and student assistants on support procedures, ensuring consistent support and a superior customer experience.
- Analyze and refine Academic Services processes and procedures in conjunction with the Associate University Registrar/Director of Academic Services and other OUR/SEM colleagues.
- Recommend and implement process improvements aimed at improving service and streamlining work efficiency.
- Manage and direct the activities of the unit's student assistants.
- Promote quality assurance controls that support records integrity.
- Maintain current and archived digitally-imaged student records, manage the scanning of new documents, and coordinate purging of records consistent with university record retention policies.
- Participate in testing of software upgrades and improvements.
- Place and track orders of office supplies for the Academic Services unit.
Management of Teaching Effectiveness Surveys
- Provide leadership and direction to the Classroom Scheduling Coordinator.
- Monitor performance and individual development of the Classroom Scheduling Coordinator.
- Address training needs and provide professional development opportunities.
- Develop course scheduling timeline and distribute to the course schedulers in the schools and college.
- Lead planning meetings with the course schedulers.
- Assist the University Registrar and Associate University Registrar/Director of Academic Services in writing and distributing communications to inform students, faculty, and staff of procedures, deadlines, and other necessary information to support registration, schedule of course offerings, utilization of classroom space, and final exam schedule.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with university policy pertaining to courses, space use, registration, and the final exam schedule.
- Oversee the classroom scheduling process, ensuring that all classes have a classroom assignment as appropriate.
- Develop and distribute scheduling pattern for administering final exams.
- Works closely with other staff in the OUR and other university offices to ensure smooth coordination and accuracy of information.
- Evaluate effectiveness of existing procedures and policies and recommend improvements in the scheduling operation and functions.
- Administer and support the university's Teaching Effectiveness Survey in the Blue course evaluation software in adherence to university policy.
- Build the semester survey in the Blue system.
- Setup and distribute survey results to the faculty, deans, and the provost's office.
- Interpret and enforce university policy pertaining to course evaluations.
- Maintain Teaching Effectiveness Survey website and online resources.
- Lead collaboration between Information Technology Services (ITS) and eXplorance (Blue survey vendor) as needed to ensure a smooth and successful teaching effective survey experience for students and faculty, including troubleshooting and resolving of issues.
- Serve as a training resource to colleagues in the academic units on Blue.
- Keep up-to-date on changes and enhancements to Blue, recommend enhancements as appropriate, and work closely with ITS and eXplorance to test enhancements and upgrades.
- Work with the Associate University Registrar/Director of Academic Services and University Registrar to present new functionality to the Provost's Office to ensure buy-in and understanding prior to implementation.
Requirements: education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities
- Assist the Associate University Registrar/Director of Academic Services with the implementation and development of online registrar forms with data integration to Banner.
- Maintain inventory of registrar forms, ensuring they are current and relevant.
- Ensure all webpages associated with the Academic Services unit of the OUR are current and have relevant and appropriate content, adding and maintaining content as appropriate.
- Document and maintain relevant procedures.
- Participate in Commencement ceremonies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- At least five years of progressive responsibility working in a Registrar's office. Experience must include at least two years in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrated technical skill with student information systems, particularly Banner, imaging software, space management systems, and course evaluation systems.
- Experience operating at a high operational and functional-technical capacity.
- Experience in process analysis and improvement.
- Understanding of FERPA and student records privacy issues.
- Ability to work independently, effectively, and collegially with faculty, deans, staff, and senior administrators.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Occasional evening and weekend work expected.
- Respectful, friendly, and accountable.
- Superior problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to USF's Vision, Mission, and Values.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Assistant-University-Registrar--Academic-Services_R0002862.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |