Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant to the Executive Director
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Assistant to the Executive Director
of the Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center (BEOC)
will provide high quality, proactive administrative support to the Office of the Executive Director, as well as other senior leadership, as necessary.In this position, you will:
- Collaborate with BEOC faculty and staff on special projects and events. Coordinate with staff to develop programs and special projects.
- Prepare reports for the Executive Director (e.g., annual report due to UCAWD, continuous improvement, monthly reports and student handbooks).
- Assist with research and gathering information for weekly, monthly and annual reports (e.g., Board reports, program development, needs analysis for new programs, collect data on comparable programs at surrounding institutions).
- Contribute to BEOC planning work with Executive Director on a variety of initiatives (e.g., engage in preliminary planning and marketing to enhance visibility of and enrollment in the BEOC).
- Manage projects with the Executive Director (e.g., management, assignment, and scheduling of speakers and all related matters for the implementation of a BEOC Speaker Series; organize and schedule participants in the BEOC Speaker Series, assist with BEOC retreat design, development, and implementation).
- Provide administrative support for various operational aspects of the Center including procurement, personnel appointment processing, and EMS room management system.
- Schedule and oversee logistics for the Executive Director’s appointment and meeting calendar, including coordinating travel arrangements, creating, and submitting expense reports, scheduling meetings, and preparing meeting materials, and taking minutes during meetings.
- Initiate and prepare correspondence to BEOC employees, UB campus offices, and external constituencies and partners, and be able to assist with the creation and modification of various documents (presentations, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Organize, expedite, and follow up on projects initiated by or assigned to the Office of the Executive Director, which will include providing administrative support at BEOC events either during or outside of traditional work hours.
- Provide office reception, including responding to telephone calls, opening, reviewing, sorting, and distributing mail in accordance with staff assignments and responding to inquiries about program and administrative activities and procedures.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About the Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center
The Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center (BEOC
), an adult education enterprise, of the State University of New York, University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD
), with an annual enrollment of 1,940 students, is seeking applications for an Assistant to the Executive Director, SL-2. The mission of BEOC
is to produce lifelong learners who are self-directed, empowered, and committed to excellence. Residents of the surrounding Buffalo community are provided a range of services designed to develop the academic and workforce development skills necessary to become self-sufficient. Programs and services are structured to adapt to the needs of our students — as well as to the demands of our community — and serve as first steps toward the attainment of long-term educational and employment skills. To learn more about the Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center, visit us online our website
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with 1 year of public sector experience.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, work autonomously, exercise discretion when making decisions, and handle a wide range of questions and situations in an effective, efficient, and professional manner.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, detailed-oriented, work effectively under pressure, and have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
- Ability to function in a team environment, work across organizational boundaries, and be available to work weekends and evenings if needed.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with 2 years of public sector administrative support preferably in an executive office environment.
- Experience producing marketing flyers and professional public presentations
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other web-based software applications.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |