Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director, Graduate Enrollment
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Assistant Director, Graduate Enrollment
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Assistant Director, Enrollment is a new student recruiter and enrollment manager, with a primary emphasis on building relationships from inquiry to matriculation for post-bachelorette entering online, corporate and on campus programs with an emphasize on graduate programs at WPI. The Assistant Director, Enrollment is responsible for day-to-day recruitment activities, to include outreach activities to target companies and individual prospective engagement, ensuring the enrollment of new students into graduate programs at WPI. The Assistant Director, Enrollment is accountable for his/her performance and achievement of enrollment goals, as well as contribution to overall team goals.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Recruit for specific programs to ensure effective enrollment of targeted new, qualified students. This includes travel to trade shows and other recruitment events.
- Work closely with the Institutional Engagement team to efficiently and effectively target, explore, qualify and transition new accounts.
- Execute best practice relationship building and decision making with student leads, and maintain accurate and complete records within Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Utilize CRM to effectively manage recruitment and make strategic, data-driven decisions on measurable recruitment activities in order to achieve annual enrollment goals
- Implement, coordinate and participate in lead generation events and activities, both on and off campus. Travel on behalf of the university, speaking publicly to individuals, groups on and off campus.
- Maintain and comply with WPI policies and procedures to ensure effective recruitment practices that meet the needs and standards of both new students and the university
- Analyze data and statistics to identify trends/patterns that impact recruitment and measure the effectiveness of marketing and recruitment tactics
- Collaborate with Senior Managers to develop and execute recruitment and communication plans specific to program/targeted audiences, aligned with WPI strategic enrollment
- Collaborate with members of the marketing team to develop fresh, bold and purposeful recruitment materials
- Assist in developing new target markets and develop strategies to increase enrollment
- Maintain relationships with appropriate campus constituents and off campus referral sources
- Develop and maintain working relationships with industry professionals and maintain current knowledge of contemporary higher education enrollment management
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience in sales/recruitment, in enrollment management, or college/program admissions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals
- Strong persuasive skills with the ability to positively influence and motivate others. Ability to identify and articulate new business opportunities.
- A dynamic individual capable of being an appropriate representative of WPI.
- Strong customer service orientation, creativity and problem-solving skills (anticipating challenges, viable alternatives, successful resolutions, etc.)
- Ability to travel beyond New England required and valid U.S driver's license
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong detail orientation with good personal planning and time-management skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as cooperatively within a team.
- Strong computer and systems skills. Prior experience in Excel, Salesforce, PowerPoint, Slate, and other CRM (customer relationship management) tools preferred but not required.
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines throughout the year.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial selling environment - and maintain a sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and in accordance with FERPA and HIPPA guidelines
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Director--Graduate-Enrollment_R0002449
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |