Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of the Holmes Student Center, this position provides vision and leadership for the effective delivery of facilities management and operations of the Holmes Student Center. This position is responsible for the daily operations of the Holmes Student Center, including ensuring fiscal responsibility, security, building access and key control, facility maintenance and improvement, equipment management, safety, and enforcement of building policies and procedures. This position supervises the areas and managers of the Business Office, Hotel at Holmes, Huskie Den, and Operation Services in the Holmes Student Center. The position coordinates with Building Services and Facilities Management to ensure a clean, secure and well-maintained facility.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Hire, train, supervise and evaluate professional and graduate staff, including an Assistant Director and area managers and supervisors, in the Business Office, Hotel at Holmes, Huskie Den, and Operation Services. Actively work to monitor, maintain, and improve physical condition of the facility. Oversee the 77 room Hotel at Holmes which is a 24-hour seven day a week operation. Oversee Huskie Bowling and Billiards Center. Manage Operations Services to ensure facility safety, maintenance, and emergency response. Liaison with University Building Services. Assist with the review, development and implementation of Holmes Student Center policies and procedures. Assist with annual assessment priorities.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or a field related to the position
2. Two years of professional level accounting, managerial and/or business experience, one year of which was at an administrative level.
3. One year of professional work experience in a supervisory capacity.
4. Demonstrated work experience in one of the following functional areas: operations management, hospitality management, facilities, budget and financial processes, human resources and business operations.
Education and Experience Preferred
1. Master Degree in higher education, student personnel administration of related field
2. Five years of progressively responsible full time experience in college unions, a similar work environment or related field
3. Demonstrated success in the ability to build and sustain successful supervisory and collaborative relationships.
4. Direct professional experience in enhancing the quality of student life within a diverse community.
5. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; strategic decision-making and problem solving capabilities are critical to success.
6. Direct professional experience in enhancing the quality of student life within a diverse community.
7. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; strategic decision-making and problem solving capabilities are critical to success.