Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director Employer Relations- School Medicine
The Tufts Public Health and Professional Degree Career Center housed in the School of Medicine provides comprehensive career development assistance to graduate students and alumni in several programs including Public Health, Health Informatics & Analytics, Biomedical Sciences, Physician Assistant, and Physical Therapy. We provide individual career advising, drop-in hours, online resources, workshops, graduate school advising, career fairs, networking and presentations with alumni and employers, job and internship search assistance, and online job and internship listings. We strive to transform students’ lives so that they can have a profound impact on the world. Through the Campus Recruiting Program, the Career Center works closely with recruiters/employers to arrange information sessions, resume collections and interviews.
What You'll Do
The Assistant Director will support a comprehensive employer engagement effort with the goal of increasing field experiences and full-time employment opportunities throughout the country for students and alumni. The position involves daily relationship building with contacts from corporations, non-profits/NGOs and government agencies with a focus on healthcare and public health providers. The Assistant Director will help identify employer partners in emerging and existing sectors and develop strategies to engage these organizations in Tufts recruiting activities and events. The Assistant Director will regularly participate in employer engagement to consult with organization representatives on recruiting strategies; therefore, they must be able to clearly and convincingly articulate the value of a Tufts education and effectively market Jumbos to potential new employers. The Assistant Director is also responsible for managing public relations and marketing strategies for the Career Center to ensure high visibility, engagement and integration across the university community and beyond. Candidate will also carry a moderate case load of student appointments and drop-ins.
- Identify and develop new relationships with employers across the private, non-profit and public sectors, in key areas of interest to our students in order to expand the opportunities available for full-time employment, internships, field work, and capstones with a focus on healthcare and public health employers.
- Foster a strong alumni network within the private and public sectors to increase our ability to connect with hiring managers and opportunities.
- Daily engagement with the career center online recruitment platform, Handshake and with customer relationship management platform, Salesforce.
- Prepare monthly and annual reports on statistical data and employment activity and trends.
- Expand interaction of employers and students through career fairs, info sessions, site visits, virtual events, networking nights, off campus recruiting events and other creative means.
- Develop appropriate marketing materials (web, print, email) to represent the University to employers.
- Act as Tufts Liaison to recruiting consortia
- Steward positive relationships with employers who have active recruiting programs with Tufts and coach all employers on how to increase their visibility.
- Link employers with appropriate faculty and departments as requested.
- Conduct assessment of current employers according to industries and majors recruited and survey students to assess interests.
- Collaborate with faculty and other offices to develop and promote services/resources and recruiting options to students/alumni/employers.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Responsible for the management of the Career Center website and social media accounts
- Contribute to the content of the Career Center website and social media accounts
- Develops, implements and evaluates outreach strategies and initiatives to various constituencies
- Drafts, edits and coordinates the design of polished and effective digital and print publications including: program announcements, outreach brochures and materials, online contents, feature stories, e-news, programs, invitations and press releases.
- Advising areas include, but are not limited to: career exploration and self-assessment, resume creation, professional communication, job and internship searches, offer negotiation, mock interviews, and using social media in the job search
- Provide individual career advising through in-person, email, phone, and Zoom appointments and drop-ins
- Track/document advising sessions (e.g., individual appointments, email, Zoom, and telephone consultations) for management reporting purposes.
- Maintain current knowledge and educate constituents on industry trends, employer culture and hiring processes in assigned industry/sector.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired by:Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years of related professional experience including: career/academic advising; sales and marketing, business operations, communications/marketing, recruiting or human resources
- Strong relationship building, program management, event planning, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Proven presentation skills and comfort level in dealing with the business, public sector and academic communities as well as a diverse population of students, alumni, faculty, parents and employers.
- National trends in the job market, career services, and diverse student populations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong customer focus, attention to detail and an ability to deal with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to market Tufts students and establish relationships with employers
- Strong technical skills; database management and familiarity with web-based recruiting software (Handshake preferred), client management systems (Salesforce preferred), Microsoft Office (including excel) and online resources. Expertise in social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and blogs.
- A demonstrated understanding and commitment to building an inclusive environment
- Knowledge of general office procedures including proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to supervise student assistants and interns
- Must be willing to travel and work evenings and occasional weekends as needed
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Counseling, Business Administration, Human Resources or related field preferred
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |