Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Director of Research Administration, CAS Administrative Operations
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS)
at the University at Buffalo
a Associate Director of Research Administration
that will support all sectors within the college with Pre- and Post- Award activities. You will work collaboratively with faculty from assigned departments across three academic sectors in the College (Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, and Natural Sciences and Mathematics).
Working closely with the Unit Business Officer and Associate Dean for Research in the College of Arts and Sciences, the incumbent is responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining a robust pre- and post-award sponsored projects management structure for all sectors.
- Demonstrating the ability to make data-driven decisions, using organizational data to determine trends, and to refine and optimize resource deployment.
- Overall responsibility for training and supervising a team of pre- and post-award specialists that will support the faculty in all sectors with the aim of reducing the burden of grant administration.
- Collecting, organizing and providing a detailed analysis of information regarding all aspects of research productivity with a strong focus on sponsored research activity. This information is to be used in support of research operations, planning, reporting and strategic decision-making. As such the incumbent must be an effective communicator, facile in using presentations, narratives, and written reports tailored to convey relevant information to the target audience.
- Serve as the liaison between administrative staff, Unit Business Officer and the Associate Dean for Research. This involves supervising staff to maintain consistency and effectiveness. You will regularly review staff performance and seek out professional development and growth opportunities for the staff you oversee.
- Adhering to University and College policies and procedures and implement processes with an eye toward efficiency and best practices.
- Serving at the liaison between Sponsored Project Services and CAS faculty members and as the liaison between the grants management team and other CAS shared services team.
The College of Arts and Sciences is a large college, with a small college feel. We are the largest academic unit at the University at Buffalo, with 29 departments and 16 academic programs, 23 centers and institutes, two art galleries and major theater and music performance venues. We provide education and scholarship in the Liberal Arts and Sciences to the University, the Western New York community and the world at large.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |