Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Athletic Director - Marian University's Ancilla College
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University’s Ancilla College seeks a Director of Athletics. Working closely with the Chancellor, the Director of Athletics promotes Marian University’s Ancilla College Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing administrative direction and oversight for all intercollegiate athletics staff and coaches, programs, and activities. The Director of Athletics provides vision, leadership, and strategic direction for a competitive intercollegiate sports program in concert with the vision, mission, and values of the University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- The Director will develop initiatives and measure program effectiveness related to:
- Student athlete and team success academically and athletically
- Welcome all faith traditions and integrate Catholic Franciscan faith and values
- Student leadership and character development
- Organizational effectiveness
- Alumni athlete relationships
- Athletics marketing and fundraising
- Growth in size, talent, and educational outcomes for student athletes.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, divisional, and college athletics regulations.
- Administers departmental funds and accounts in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Sustains a culture of sportsmanship, professionalism, and respect at all levels.
- Administers the code of conduct as defined by the College and Athletic Handbooks.
- Oversees budgets and serves as a resource to faculty on co-curricular issues.
- Oversees all athletic facilities used by students, athletic teams, and intramural programs.
- Provide administrative direction and oversight for all athletics programs, activities, and student development strategies.
- Supervise full and part-time athletics staff including shared responsibility for hiring, disciplining, or termination decisions, and full responsibility for training, mentoring, and evaluating coaches and athletics staff.
- Develop and monitor recruiting processes and procedures for meeting recruiting goals
- Establish and maintain standards of dress, scholarship and conduct for team travel and training, and practice rules for all student-athletes.
- Monitor strict observances of equality of opportunity in men’s and women’s athletics by keeping informed of legal requirements and consulting with university staff regarding compliance with the law and to initiate and coordinate the certification of academic and health eligibility of all varsity athlete.
- Monitor fundraising efforts in each sport.
- Develop and manage departmental, team, and special events budgets, order equipment, and ensure departmental compliance with all cash handling and management policies.
- Recruit student athletes in coordination with the Admissions Office.
- Support and assist in campus wellness and other related college activities.
- Revise the student-athlete handbook, annually.
- Maintain and encourage others in a Student-First philosophy.
- Remain in compliance with NJCAA and MCCAA Rules and Regulations.
- Devise and implement strategies to support development of leadership and professionalism skills.
- Create and direct programs that build and maintain community characterized by meaningful interaction among students, staff, and faculty.
Related Job Functions:
- Work to increase positive public awareness of athletics and students’ programs.
- Serve as a resource for curricular and co-curricular programs.
- Collaborate with other departments, clubs, and organizations in providing programs for the students.
- Use of computers for administrative tasks (including word processing, advising and student record keeping, Internet applications).
- Attend conferences and professional meetings to remain current in the field and compliant with federal regulations.
- Attend student honors convocation and graduation ceremonies each year.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |