Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Program Director, Master of Arts in Professional Communication
University of San Francisco
Program Director, Master of Arts in Professional Communication
The program director serves as the leader for the University's Master of Arts in Professional Communication (MAPC) program and is responsible for the marketing, recruiting, enrolling, and supporting graduate students in the program. The program director oversees the efficient administrative operations of the graduate program office, creates initiatives and activities designed to support and grow the program, and engages in activities that support the collective mission of the program and the College of Arts and Sciences.
Full Job Description:
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the efficient operation of the graduate program office and provide operational activities for program staff;
- Oversee the entire admissions process, including supervise and review applications, recruit and meet with prospective students, communicate final decisions, and direct the orientation
for new students;
- Represent the program at graduate school fairs, informational meetings, and open house events in coordination with the Graduate Admissions Office; maintain and update relevant and new program information to university's web administrators regarding MAPC;
- Work with the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office to process work visa documents and ensure that international students are following guidelines;
- Monitor academic progress of all program students, assist students in meeting academic and professional goals; and flag any issues to the Academic Director;
- Create and maintain an internship database for graduate students, in conjunction with the internship database maintained for undergraduate students; develop and maintain relationships with organizations in the nonprofit, corporate, and educational sectors and the USF Career Services Center; actively work with interested graduate students on internships to meet their needs;
- Direct alumni tracking and alumni services for the program in collaboration with the Office of Alumni Relations;
- Prepare and administer the program's annual budget with MAPC program staff;
- Coordinate with the Graduate Admissions Office, appropriate Department Chairs and Academic Director for MAPC, on branding strategy and related marketing activities both inside and outside the university, including acting as the program's spokesperson, conducting media interviews, assist in issuing press releases, and scheduling press conferences;
- As an executive officer of the university, envision future trends, challenges, and opportunities and how USF can make a productive impact;
- In collaboration with the Academic Director and other faculty in the program, help to create new program offerings and build enrollments, with specific attention paid to hybrid learning opportunities and scheduling guest speakers;
- Support the continuous improvement of the program through procedures relevant to the assurance of student learning, including program review, assessment, and programmatic and institutional accreditation;
- Increase financial aid and raise additional funds to support the program's students through scholarships, employment, etc.; work with University Development Office to create a robust fundraising operation;
- Supervise the MAPC Media Groupconduct interviews, hire editors, offer editorial guidance, and ensure that quality content is being published on MAPC social media platforms by MAPC graduate students;
- Promote USF's Vision, Mission and Values and work with other University administrators to assure the well-being and success of the program and the University of San Francisco; and
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in relevant area. Master's degree or extended professional experience in the field of professional communication or related field is required.
- Minimum of three years work experience with educational program administration required. Experience working with graduate or professional programs preferred.
- Demonstrated cultural competency and experience working with students from a diverse array of backgrounds, including experience working with graduate programs and international students.
- Familiarity with various areas of writing and communication in academic and professional fields.
- Experience with strategic branding and marketing strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in overseeing complex administrative systems and the ability to interact with a variety of different administrative departments.
- Ability to understand and maintain budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, including through the use of social media.
- Excellent computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet, database and web maintenance skills).
- Ability to attend recruitment events and to work in the evenings if required for graduate student events.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Preference given to applications received by April 27..
- Ability to spearhead large projects and see them through to completion.
- Experience collaborating across departments/programs in a university setting.
- Demonstrated leadership in a higher education setting.
- Familiarity with the diverse professional communities in the Bay Area.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/Downtown-Campus/Program-Director--Master-of-Arts-in-Professional-Communication_R0001249.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |