Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement
Stevens Institute of Technology
Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement
The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement will lead all efforts related to career and industry-based engagement for the Division of Development and Alumni Engagement. This will include managing volunteer networks and events related to career-based topics; overseeing mentoring opportunities; and effectively using software and digital media to deepen opportunities for engagement. The Assistant Director will work in close partnership with the Career Center at Stevens and other campus partners, including schools and units, to regularly engage faculty and staff in these efforts. The Assistant Director will also work closely with the Corporate and Foundation Relations and Major Gifts teams within the division to coordinate and deepen engagement.
The Assistant Director will have the opportunity to launch this suite of programs for alumni and also be accountable for its sustained viability and growth in relation to the strategic plan for alumni engagement.
The Assistant Director will report to the Director of Alumni Engagement and work closely with other members of the alumni engagement and annual giving teams. The Assistant Director will also coordinate with colleagues across the division, institute, and alumni community.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all engagement related to career and industry-based interests for Stevens
- Serve as a resource for all alumni seeking to engage with Stevens in order to network and advance their career
- Actively grow a pipeline of alumni engaged with these programs and meet periodic growth goals
- Partner with the Stevens Career Center, athletics, schools, and other campus partners and units to provide industry-related opportunities to engage alumni
- Work with major gift officers to recommend engagement strategies for prospects including hosting and speaking at events, mentoring, and providing content for career resourcing
- Partner with corporate and foundation relations colleagues within DAE and University Relations to coordinate and deepen corporate relationships through alumni
- Build and manage a vibrant network of volunteers to deepen the engagement of alumni with Stevens as it relates to their industry or chosen career
- Use alumni data to assess and establish industry-based affinity groups, interest circles, or other like groups
- Engage key alumni as close advisors in how we engage alumni professionally
- Partner with the SAA engagement committee to identify volunteers and matrix activities existing in regional and affinity-based groups
- Plan periodic events, in concert with select volunteers, especially cross-industry networking events and events that connect alumni and students
- Facilitate alumni to alumni and student to alumni mentoring opportunities
- Utilize third party software to facilitate meaningful mentoring interactions
- Work with campus partners to serve as a consultant and facilitator for cross-institutional mentoring networks
- Partner with the Stevens Career Center to craft student mentoring opportunities
- Maintain a suite of digital engagement offerings for alumni to engage in career development
- Deploy and manage an effective third-party networking platform to facilitate career-based interactions
- Maintain a job board for alumni, especially mid-career opportunities
- Use LinkedIn and other social media effectively
- Create flash mentoring and other micro-volunteering opportunities for alumni
- Partner with the Stevens Career Center on career development resources
- Provide a suite of resources for alumni including resume reviewing, career counseling, and a curated set of webinars and career tips
- Engage key alumni and professional partners to offer alumni services related to career growth and professional development
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
- Background in volunteer management, higher education, career placement or services, non-profits, or like field preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication, analytic, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects and programs effectively, with an entrepreneurial and self-starter mentality
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with other divisional staff colleagues
- Exhibits a professional presence, especially with high-level campus leaders and institutional volunteers
- Commitment to the values of collaboration and shared success
- Affinity for the core mission and strategic vision of Stevens Institute of Technology
- Proficiency and experience with development database systems, the Microsoft Office Suite, and cloud-based fundraising and relationship management systems preferred
Office of Alumni Engagement
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |