The appointee will play the lead role in coordinating and delivering Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) component of the USP PEUMP Project based in Suva, Fiji. This will involve taking responsibility for the existing fisheries and marine TVET courses run by USP (e.g. Fisheries Compliance and Enforcement) and for the transfer of other TVET courses currently run by SPC and FFA to USP. The incumbent will be a key player in working with other tertiary training providers in the region to enhance relationships and cooperation and ensure maximum benefits of training to the beneficiaries. She/he will also be responsible for overseeing the design and delivery of any new TVET courses identified through the Needs & Gap Analysis undertaken during project inception. The Professional Development Coordinator will also play a key role in the CPD activities of the PEUMP project and will work closely with the Project Team Leader, other PEUMP staff and relevant international institutions and in particular IMarEST, to design and develop specific CPD for Pacific marine professionals.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Taking responsibility for the existing fisheries and marine TVET courses run by USP, transfer of other fisheries related TVET courses to USP, and development of new TVET and CPD opportunities;
- Contribution towards delivery of communications and visibility and project outreach activities;
- Coordinate delivery of TVET activities;
- Oversee delivery of existing fisheries and marine TVET courses run by USP;
- Be responsible for transfer of other relevant TVET courses to USP;
- Liaise with IMarEST and other relevant bodies in regards to accreditation of TVET courses;
- Work with other tertiary training providers in the region to enhance relationships and cooperation;
- Oversee the design and delivery of new TVET courses identified and considering gender, human rights and poverty alleviation;
- Provide guidance to consultants employed to design new TVET courses and programmes;
- Be responsible for the development of career pathways and lifelong learning opportunities with particular consideration of gender, human rights, and poverty alleviation;
- Play a key role in the CPD activities in conjunction with IMarEST;
- Work closely with the TVET and CPD Research Fellow and Research Assistant and other PEUMP staff and relevant professional bodies to design and develop specific CPD for Pacific marine professionals;
- Incorporate gender and human rights considerations into all aspects of their work.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Postgraduate qualifications (Masters and above) in education, marine science, fisheries, sustainable development or other relevant field from a recognised institution;
- Extensive verifiable work experience in a field of relevance to fisheries, marine science and/or sustainable marine resource development;
- Extensive knowledge and experience of TVET, CPD and lifelong learning;
- Extensive relevant teaching and supervisory experience in the Pacific Islands region or other developing countries and significant research and publications record.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- A Doctorate in education, marine science, fisheries, sustainable development or other relevant field from a recognised institution;
- Work experience in PACPs;
- Previous experience/familiarity with international and/or regional organisations;
- Practical experience in working with TVET and education sector of PACPS are desirable.
The position is available for a fixed term of 3 years.
Salary Range: Subject Coordinator FJ $61,422 to FJ $77,569 per annum
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Dr. Bibhya Sharma, Acting Dean of the Faculty of Science, Technology & Environment; tel.: (679) 32 32069; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 4 November 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.