Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Men and Women’s Swimming Coach
Stevens Institute of Technology
Job Title: Assistant Men and Women’s Swimming Coach
*Salary Range: *Commensurate with experience
Department: Physical Education, Athletics & Recreation
Reports to: Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach
The Aquatic Coordinator/ Assistant Men and Women’s Swimming Coach reports directly to the Head Men and Women’s Swimming Coach and Director of Aquatics. The focus of this position is to assist the head coach in managing all aspects of a highly competitive NCAA Division III Men and Women’s Swimming program. The top priority must be the overall collegiate experience of the student-athlete and a commitment to promoting a positive and healthy team culture that encourages growth and development. This job also will assist the head coach in the overall management of the aquatics program.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the department and institution as well as the rules and regulations of the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC), MAC Freedom, the NCAA, and other authorities that may legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Assist in recruitment of prospective student-athletes. Ensure full compliance with NCAA guidelines in all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters.
- Assist the head coach in developing and implementing strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
- Coordinate with other offices on campus including strength and conditioning, sports medicine, campus dietician, counseling and psychological services, and other support services to ensure that the team is well prepared for competition and their overall development and growth.
- Ensure safety through careful monitoring of the condition of equipment and facilities utilized by the team. Responsible for submitting requests for repair, maintenance, and improvement of facilities as needed.
- Ability to cover instructor and lifeguard shifts and find substitute when needed in on-call and emergency situations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate, implement, and supervise revenue generating aquatic programs including group and private youth and adult swimming lessons, masters swimming, and lap swimming.
- Complete all required departmental and institutional training and certification programs and participate in available professional development opportunities.
- Assist the head coach in monitoring the eligibility status and academic progress of the team.
- Implement, and enforce a risk management plan for the pool.
- Responsible for assisting coaching staff with travel arrangements including lodging, meals, team practices, and meetings.
- Coordinate all social media as well as produce the alumni newsletter and parent outreach.
- Work with head coach to initiate and coordinate the selection, purchase, fitting, and maintenance of team equipment to include uniforms, equipment, and supplies.
- Provide support in carefully tracking expenditures for all team accounts to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Assist with approved fund-raising activities as requested and coordinate all such efforts through the Director of Athletics and Office of Development.
- Compile data and reports in a timely fashion when requested by head coach or any senior level administrator.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-service education sessions, and other divisional or departmental meetings.
- Participate in other department initiatives, programs, and committees as required.
- Confirm that sport camps and clinics related to the sport program adhere to NCAA and institutional rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned including teaching two swimming classes per semester in the Physical Education program.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Prior coaching experience required.
- Prior coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Must be willing to work early morning, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- First Aid, CPR, AED training certification required or willing to obtain.
- Lifeguard certification through the American Red Cross required or willing to obtain.
- Water Safety Instructor certification through the American Red Cross preferred.
- Certified Pool Operator license preferred or willing to obtain.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSFa ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Mens & Womens Swimming Office
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |