Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach
Stevens Institute of Technology
Job Title: Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Department: Athletics & Recreation
Reports to: Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach
The Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach reports directly to the Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach. The purpose of this position is to assist the head coach in managing all aspects of a highly competitive NCAA Division III Men’s Lacrosse program. The top priority must be the overall collegiate experience of the student-athlete and a commitment to promoting a positive and healthy team culture that encourages growth and development.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the department and institution as well as the rules and regulations of the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC), MAC Freedom, the NCAA, and other authorities that may legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes. Ensure full compliance with NCAA guidelines in all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters.
- Responsible for assisting the head coach in developing and implementing strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
- Work together with other offices on campus including strength and conditioning, sports medicine, campus dietician, counseling and psychological services, and other support services to ensure that the team is well prepared for competition and their overall development and growth.
- Ensure safety through careful monitoring of the condition of equipment and facilities utilized by the team. Responsible for submitting requests for repair, maintenance, and improvement of facilities as needed.
- Complete all required departmental and institutional training and certification programs and participate in available professional development opportunities.
- Assist the head coach in monitoring the eligibility status and academic progress of the team.
- Responsible for travel arrangements including lodging, meals, team practices, and meetings.
- Coordinate all social media for the team.
- Work with head coach and equipment manager to initiate and coordinate the selection, purchase, fitting, and maintenance of team equipment to include uniforms, equipment, and supplies.
- Provide support in carefully tracking expenditures for all team accounts to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Assist with approved fund-raising activities as requested and coordinate all such efforts through the Director of Athletics and Office of Development and Alumni Engagement.
- Compile data and reports in a timely fashion when requested by head coach or any senior level administrator.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-service education sessions, and other divisional or departmental meetings.
- Participate in other department initiatives, programs, and committees as required.
- Confirm that sport camps and clinics related to the sport program adhere to NCAA and institutional rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned including a required secondary role within the department.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Prior coaching experience required.
- Prior coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Must be willing to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- First Aid, CPR, AED training certification required.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSFa ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Men's Lacrosse Office
General Submission Guidelines:
Please submit an online application to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Academic Submission Guidelines:
Teaching statement that includes a) teaching interests, b) teaching philosophy, and c) a plan on how to create an inclusive environment for students of all backgrounds in terms of classroom teaching, student advising, and graduate student mentoring
Contact info for at least 2-3 references (school-specific; please refer to job posting)
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu.
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and strongly encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
NSF ADVANCE Institution Steven’s values diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a welcoming and inclusive environment for students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds. We are an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minority candidates, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. Click here for a copy of this report.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |