The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for the recruitment, selection, and enrollment of the
first-year and transfer class each year for the School of Arts & Sciences, School of Engineering, and the
School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts. Admissions is charged with meeting various enrollment goals
across schools and programs.
What You'll Do
The Associate Director Admissions will be an experienced member of the undergraduate admissions team, responsible for recruiting and selecting students and for fulfilling the enrollment objectives set by the University. The Associate Director of Admissions will manage the communications team, which includes email communications, all admissions print publications, social media initiatives, and website management. The Associate Director will collaborate with the Director of Graduate Admissions, the
Director of Financial Aid, members of the Information Technology for Admissions and AS&E Student Services team on communications initiatives. Additionally, the Associate Director reads and evaluates applications for admission as part of a reading team using Committee Based Evaluation, serves on selection committee and may serve as committee chair, manages a recruitment territory, presents sessions and workshops to a variety of audiences, serves as a member of the management team,
supervises 1-3 professional staff members, and executes other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in selective admissions, college counseling, or
- related field
- Excellent communication, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated project management skills, preferably in a fast-paced, timeline-driven
- Proficiency with CRM management software and Microsoft office suite
- Valid US Driver’s license
- Prior supervisory experience
- Experience with or knowledge of social media and/or website design
- Experience with Technolutions Slate
- Experience with committee-based evaluation or team-based reading
Minimum $62,200.00, Midpoint $77,750.00, Maximum $93,300.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.