Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Temporary Assistant Director - Customer/Student Support
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Temporary Assistant Director - Customer/Student Support
Student Aid & Financial Literacy I-JM
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Assist with financial aid applications for all entering and renewal applicants; determine eligibility for financial aid; assist in administrating federal, state, and institutional aid to students and families; maintain communications with other departments on and off campus and counsel students and families. Assist the frontline team with answering phone calls, emails, and meeting with students.
- Advise students and parents as well as on/off campus constituencies about financial aid opportunities, procedures, college policies and eligibility requirements for aid. Must have the ability to interact with students and parents calmly and graciously under difficult situations and be capable of explaining complex and confusing regulations to students and parents.
- Assist in the awarding of all prospective first year, upper class, and transfer students throughout the academic year including collaboration with Admissions Office on financial aid awards.
- Assist the frontline team with answering phone calls, emails, and meeting with students.
- Assist with MNIL, Massachusetts State grants and scholarships as needed.
- Analyze, evaluate and verify confidential information on students' application materials for the purpose of determining levels and sources of assistance. Base decisions upon WPI, federal, and state policies governing aid distribution.
- Collaborate with Admissions Office on financial aid awards to freshmen and transfer students, and award upper class students.
- Work with the Bursar's Office, students, and parents to assist in reconciling students' charges and credits.
- Collaborate with other directors in office in preparing informational literature indicating sources of aid, application dates, procedures, and policies of the institution.
- Process aid adjustments for non-returnees, reduced course loads and students with enrollment changes throughout the academic year.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Experience preferred but not required: management of student federal aid programs and familiarity with financial aid computer software systems preferably PowerFAIDs, Sales Force, and Work Day.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience is strongly preferred.
- A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
- Possess a comfort level with software applications and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and positively with a diverse population both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Exhibits ability and willingness to contribute to an enthusiastic, positive work environment
- Physical requirements are within the normal range of an office environment, but may include occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime during peak times, especially during file review periods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hours of work: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Position is an exempt staff position which requires a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Sense of humor
- Positive attitude
- Sensitivity towards others
- Responsive and responsible
- Excellent communicator
- Team builder
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Temporary-Assistant-Director---Customer-Student-Support_R0001720
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |