Vice President of Advancement OperationsJob Description
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a Vice President of Advancement Operations. The VP of Advancement Operations will promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by working closely with the Senior Vice President, Office of Institutional Advancement, to provide leadership for the office through supporting the department’s efforts in:
- Advancement operations, data, and research
- Advancement communications
- Alumni engagement
- Annual giving
- Donor engagement and stewardship
- Signature events
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Establishes and/or implements policies and procedures for the effective operation of the advancement office.
- Provides on-going professional development and growth for each member of the advancement team.
- Maximizes fundraising efforts through prospecting/donor research and appropriate stewardship and donor relations.
- Facilitates an external communications plan to all donors and prospects.
- Serves as a staff liaison to the Institutional Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Manages the department budgets and expenditures.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
- Participates in or leads special projects, as assigned.
- Senior Director of Alumni Engagement
-Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement
- Executive Director of Advancement Relations
-Annual Giving Specialist
- Director of Advancement Operations and Donor Relations
-Advancement Operations Specialist
-Advancement Services Specialist
- Director of Special Projects (new position)
- A Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university.
- The ability to write, analyze, and interpret giving information, financial reports, and legal documents and utilize this information in planning processes.
- The ability to effectively present (written and verbal correspondence) information and respond to questions from internal and external constituents.
- The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to incorporate these conclusions/findings into strategic and tactical plans.
- An understanding that occasional events and activities occur outside of work hours—including some nights and weekends—and are necessary to perform the duties of this job satisfactorily.
- Be willing to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven history of managing people for success.
- Commitment to collegiality and collaborative decision-making.
- Be highly detail oriented and have an effective skillset in Microsoft Office programs.
- Exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards for maintaining confidential information.
- Must be able to have and maintain a valid Indiana driver’s license without restrictions.
- Must have strong computer skills and outstanding communication—both oral and written—and outstanding interpersonal skills. Must be well-organized, self-started, a collaborative planner, and work with members of the Institutional Advancement team individually and in groups.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Graduate of Marian University.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE).
- Raiser’s Edge database experience.