The Marquette School of Dentistry seeks a well-qualified assessment professional to assist with the assessment and improvement of student learning in our programs. Experience with dental programs is not required; however, demonstrated experience with educational assessment is critical. The successful candidate will be passionate about helping our faculty provide the best possible learning experiences to our students.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. The successful candidate will be responsible for areas directly related to the ongoing assessment of the dental school and its effectiveness as well as academic program learning outcomes assessment.
2. The successful candidate will also be able to assist all school programs in measuring and improving educational experiences focused toward defined dental competencies.
3. Separately, the successful candidate would also help to manage all aspects of the course and faculty teaching evaluation process for the School of Dentistry.
4. The Director of Educational Development and Assessment for the School of Dentistry is responsible for the establishment and management of the overall Assessment Model within the School of Dentistry including reporting, feedback, and ongoing assessment input.
5. The successful candidate manages all aspects of assessment in the School of Dentistry and serves as a liaison on assessment matters with individuals both within and external to the School of Dentistry.
6. The Director of Educational Development and Assessment for the School of Dentistry has specific responsibilities which include developing clear and measurable program-level goals and objectives, identifying appropriate assessment instruments, planning well-designed assessment procedures, helping with data analysis and interpretations, helping dental programs communicate results and interpretations, and, most importantly, helping programs apply results to inform meaningful change.
7. The successful candidate will also represent the dental school on the University Assessment Committee.
8. The successful candidate will also support, and where appropriate lead, several Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) Standards and assist in the development and assessment of any future standards and outcomes measures directly related to the position of Director of Educational Development and Assessment for the School of Dentistry.
9. Advisory to the various committees and councils on matters related to outcomes assessment and quality improvement.
10. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in education, educational psychology, educational measurement, assessment or related field.
- A minimum, of one or two years of previous experience required.
- Experience utilizing the knowledge and skills necessary to complete the tasks associated with this position.
- This position requires specialized knowledge and experience in the area of assessment in order to measure outcomes and evaluate the resulting data.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Preferred educational qualifications include a PhD in assessment or a related field.