ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
American International College – Kuwait City
for the 2020-2021 Academic year
American International College (AIC) is a newly established college. AIC offers an American style
education, degrees, and majors, with the motive to educate and serve the people of Kuwait as well as
international students. The University provides high quality, relevant, and varied educational programs
and opportunities for the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community.
The University values its role as an educational leader that promotes individual development and
improves the overall quality of life in a diverse community. It offers academic and professional
programs, which lead to degrees from the associate through baccalaureate and masters.
The Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs will serve as a senior member of the Division
of Academic Affairs team; the AVPAA provides direction to and managerial oversight of a variety of
initiatives designed to positively impact student success, retention, and timely graduation. He/she will
supervise all activities, programs, and services related to academic advising and academic support,
including academic remedial and skill building programs and testing. The AVPAA will serve as conduct
officer for all cases involving violations of academic policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the conduct officer in all cases involving alleged violation of academic policies,
including those in the Student Code of Conduct and the Academic Honesty Policy.
- Provide leadership in the planning and development of operations processes as well as
the evaluation for the college academic development programs.
- Lead initiatives with college departments, to enhance academic readiness for all students.
- In collaboration with Student Life, implement academic intervention programs designed
to identify and enhance the chances of success of students at risk.
- Develop and administer related program budgets; including forecasting funds required
for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor division expenditures.
- Provide training and development initiatives for staff thus ensuring each member’s
effective contributions to student success.
- Maintain accurate, organized and detailed records and develop/maintain reports as required or
assigned for retention purposes.
- Coordinate, implement, and evaluate transition programs for new, transfer, and graduating
- Develop and maintain policy and procedure manuals related to unit programs and services.
- Assist in the identification, implementation, and evaluation of technology programs intended
to enhance the operations of departments.
- Keep abreast of developments in higher education fields as related to assigned functions.
Experience and Education:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, PhD strongly preferred.
- Significant work experiencein the Academic Affairs profession, at least 5 years.
- Three to five years of experience supervising professional level staff.
- Experience with program development and assessment.
- Experience with designing academic systems and programs that support student learning,
persistence, and retention.