The Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science (TAMS) is a unique residential program for high school-aged Texas students who are high achievers and interested in mathematics and science. While living on campus in McConnell Hall, students in this two-year program complete a rigorous academic curriculum of college coursework at the University of North Texas (UNT). Instruction is by University faculty. There are no high school courses taught, but students enjoy many of the activities of high school and the company of age mates who are intellectual peers.
The Associate Director Admissions/Recruit will (a) organize and implement several stages of the TAMS admissions process and (b) oversee the implementation of the TAMS strategic recruiting plan to attract students to apply to TAMS, including organizing and supervising on-campus recruiting events.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and five years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of University admissions standards, policies, and procedures, and special admissions procedures or ability to quickly assimilate, knowledge of University curriculum and academic policies and procedures, and of the training and qualifications needed to perform University academic work satisfactorily.
- Strong written and oral communications skills and strong presentation and counseling skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and students and parents from a diverse population.
- Ability to supervise, train, and plan work of subordinates.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Skill in the use of a personal computer, Microsoft Office and/or other software.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Ability to obtain personal credit card for travel reimbursement.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
*Master’s Degree and three years of experience in recruiting, academic advising, academic counseling, student services, or related experience.
Required License / Registration / Certification
Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm with some evenings & weekends
Driving University Vehicle Yes
Security Sensitive This is a security sensitive position
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.