Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director, Counseling
Alcorn State University
The incumbent assists with directing the Institution’s counseling program, providing assistance and support to students and employees through counseling, mental health, outreach, and prevention venues.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge regarding crucial nature of assurances of confidentiality and adherence to appropriate governmental regulations applicable to university counseling centers
- Knowledge regarding planning, implementation, assessment, evaluation and formal reporting of activities, services and outcome data related to Counseling Services
- Knowledge of effective supervisory modalities for clinical and administrative staff
- Knowledge of relevant and empirically based “best practices” in the delivery of mental health/counseling services in institutions of higher learning
- Knowledge of factors correlated with perceptions of accessibility of services provided and the impact these perceptions have on service utilization
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent administrative and management skills
- Ability to plan, implement, assess, evaluate and evaluate activities, service and outcome data
Essential Job Functions
- Provides administrative oversight for assessment and referral of students exhibiting stress, mental health issues and behavioral issues
- Seeks effective outcomes for students facing stressors of academic, financial, trauma, illness, bereavement, discrimination and other social stressors that hamper their ability to perform optimally through effective counseling, supervision and delivery of these functions
- Educates students, faculty and staff to recognize students in need of referral
- Participates in multi-disciplinary teams of student affairs and academic affairs professionals that address current student’s behavioral challenges
- Creates intervention strategies, protocols and procedures surrounding student behavioral and mental health issues
- Recruits and trains volunteers
- Supervises the withdrawal process
- Makes appropriate internal and external referrals
- Master’s degree in Guidance and Counseling or related field.
- Three (3) years’ experience in counseling.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |