University of Idaho
Marketing and Communications Manager, College of Business and Economics
University Communications & Marketing
$49,506 or higher depending on education and experience
Working with University Communications and Marketing (UCM), the Marketing and Communications Manager (MCM) is in charge of key internal and external communication tools for the College of Business and Economics (CBE). As the primary communications representative for the college, the MCM is the chief content strategist for CBE. The MCM will advance the college's reputation through purposeful creative and messaging that is tied to the University's brand and messaging as well as the strategic initiatives of the unit. The MCM provides marketing and communications leadership in a variety of areas, including alumni relations, Web content, social media, media and public relations, special events, and publications. In coordination with UCM, the MCM provides counsel to college leadership team on marketing and communications approaches; writes and edits a variety of materials in electronic and print format; collaborates in special event planning; and oversees the work of designers, photographers, videographers, and freelance writers. The MCM interfaces with the University Communications and Marketing team to coordinate content and relay information to and from the supported unit.
- Bachelors degree and three years of related professional experience, or a combination of education and related experience totaling 7 years.
- Demonstrated writing, editing, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience implementing marketing principles.
- Demonstrated project management experience to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Established record of collaboration and good interpersonal and communication skills with diverse internal and external constituents.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Experience planning and executing marketing plans and initiatives to achieve organizational goals.
- Masters degree in communications, marketing or public relations or a related field.
- Working knowledge of web design principles, printing processes, graphics formats, and effective design and photography principles.
- Experience working with advancement and development professionals, including writing proposals for solicitation.
- Experience producing and editing informational and marketing collateral.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical or specialized information for public use and understanding.
- Social Media strategy and content creation.
Open Until Filled:
To be considered your Letter of Qualification must address each of the minimum qualifications.
Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the desired qualifications as relevant.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.