Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Marketing Operations Manager
The Office of University Communications and Marketing (UCM) has overall responsibility for marketing and brand management, media relations and content, producing various print and web publications and communications for the university. The office optimizes the coordination of strategies and programs for these areas. The Marketing and Branding group reports up to the VP of Communications and Marketing and produces a wide range of print and digital marketing – from event invitations to integrated marketing campaigns – across all schools and university-wide campaigns. The group comprises Marketing Strategy, Creative Services, and Digital Services and oversees the university’s marketing strategy, brand messaging, visual identity, and directs marketing and lead-generation campaigns to support awareness, enrollment, and fundraising.
What You'll Do
The Marketing Operations Manager will be an experienced marketing operations professional who will manage the day-to-day operations of our digital services team and marketing platforms. The Marketing Operations Manager oversees the team implementing the front-end and back-end Drupal development and maintenance of university-level websites managed by Communications and Marketing, including Tufts.edu, Tufts Now, Alumni and Friends and other central administration websites; email platforms, including Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Hubspot in support of advancement and enrollment email communication production; Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager management, and other platforms to support digital marketing and communications strategies. The team is also responsible for managing and maintaining the JumboPress CMS, ensuring that websites align with university-wide standards and best practices; collaborate across the UCM team to continuously improve properties based on data and audience insights to meet business goals and marketing strategies.
- Cultivate and manage high performing team of four direct reports responsible for developing, and supporting the flagship university websites, including tufts.edu and Tufts Now, as well as email production and deployment in support of advancement and enrollment email communication.
- Foster a culture of problem-solving and innovation.
- Inspire and motivate the team.
- Set annual performance goals for direct reports and conduct performance reviews.
- Make resource assignments.
- Consult with department leadership to prioritize projects. Resolves ambiguity around provided services and creates and enforces service level agreements.
- Uphold Tufts' core values of diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice
- Ensure that digital platforms align with our brand guidelines, web standards, and the technology that supports them.
- Collaborate in a team environment to understand business goals and recommend solutions in support of marketing and communications.
- Serve as primary liaison with Tufts Technology Services, as well as outside service providers as needed.
- Ensure all UCM-managed websites comply with university web policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ensure marketing platforms/products/systems are technically sound and continuously improved upon based on data and audience insights.
- Gather and interpret business requirements for the technical implementation and rollout of digital solutions to deliver campaigns as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Work with marketing strategists (mkt team) to collect feedback/product improvement suggestions, and review reporting to identify areas of opportunity relative to overall goals and objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of product/application landscape, trends, and features.
- Maintain a portfolio of high priority marketing operations projects.
- Work with cross functional teams to define goals, identify metrics for success, develop milestones and timelines to create and write project plans that ensure projects meet objectives and expectations, taking appropriate action to overcome obstacles where necessary.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5-7 years of experience managing a marketing, operations, and/or digital team.
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences and high level concepts to developers..
- Fluency in digital platforms and services and best practices.
- Intimate knowledge of the entire web site and email creation process from discovery to content strategy to design and development.
- Excels in a fast-paced and highly collaborative team environment with the ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Understanding of the Project Management processes, strategies, and methods.
- Understanding of digital technologies/methodologies
- Master’s degree
- Not-for-profit or university setting experience
- Marketing communications or agency setting experience
Minimum $91,100.00, Midpoint $113,900.00, Maximum $136,700.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |