Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director of Admissions
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Assistant Director of Admissions
UG Admissions Recruitment Partnership Team
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The individual will work with the admissions team to further WPI's efforts to attract and enroll the most qualified undergraduate students. They will be charged with developing and implementing strategies to convey key institutional messages to prospective students and parents on and off campus and to cultivate professional relationships with counselors and key educational organizations. We are a collaborative team with an ongoing focus of deepening our understanding of the intersectional identities of all members of our community. We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for students and staff, which is inclusive and culturally informed.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
Assist in the recruitment of incoming first-year and transfer undergraduate enrollment class
- Develop keen understandings regarding their territory's needs, trends, and opportunities regarding first year and transfer recruitment and admissions. Engages with strategic organizations in their territory to form relationships with key stakeholders, alumni, community based organizations, community colleges, and more.
- Travel (up to 6 weeks in the fall and up to 3 weeks in the spring) for recruitment and public relations purposes, attending and participating in college fairs, panels, high school visits, community college and transfer programs, and other strategic events.
- Create a Strategic Plan for attracting students with the right academic qualifications, from target high schools and community colleges in assigned territory.
- Conduct Admissions presentations and student meetings off-campus as well as virtually.
- Advise prospective WPI students, parents, counselors, and transfer advisors. Communicate with prospects via email, letter, or phone.
- Participate in shared decision-making regarding annual admissions planning.
- Represent WPI on and off campus as well as virtually at professional conferences and related events.
- Cultivate relationships with counselors, transfer advisors, community agencies, parents, students (current and prospective), WPI faculty and alumni.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Assist in the selection of the incoming first-year undergraduate class
- Reviewing and evaluating admissions applications for first year and transfer students.
- Participating in shared decision making as part of committee review process.
- Counseling applicants, parents/guardians, counselors, and transfer advisors on application
process, admissions decisions, transfer credit, and academic merit scholarships.
Assist in the enrollment of the incoming first-year undergraduate class
- Advising prospective WPI students, parents/guardians, counselors and transfer advisors. Communicating via email, letter, and phone.
- Cultivating relationships with counselors, transfer advisors, community colleges, community agencies, parents/guardians, students (current and prospective), as well as WPI faculty, staff, and alumni for enrollment purposes.
- Representing and communicating the benefits of a WPI experience to admitted students and families through enrollment yield events.
o Identify and implement admissions strategies in assigned geographic region(s) with special emphasis on transfer student recruitment and in collaboration with community
o Recruit, train and manage student staff in support of on campus programming to support the recruitment and enrollment of transfer students in collaboration.
o Assist with the coordination of on campus and virtual event programs and visit options for first year and transfer students, including collaborative events with WPI Academic Advising, Student Life, and academic departments.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-5 years of Admissions or related experience required, salary adjusted to experience
- Willingness to travel and availability for night and weekend work.
- Valid driver's license is required for recruitment travel.
- This individual needs to be a self-starter who can work independently, yet also as part of a dynamic team.
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities.
Please include a resume and cover letter for consideration. This position is hybrid with the opportunity for a flexible, hybrid schedule. WPI's benefits package includes a robust retirement match, wellness perks, tuition assistance and more!
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Director-of-Admissions_R0002601
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |