Director of Sports Medicine, Head Athletic Trainer
Main Campus - Boston, MA
The Athletics Department at Simmons University, an NCAA Division III institution and a member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference, is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, 12-month professional position for a Head Athletic Trainer. Applicants should be capable of managing an Athletic Training staff and overseeing a growing community of student-athletes within 9 varsity sports.
1. Manage Athletic Training staff to fulfill all needs of 9 varsity sports. Needs including, but not limited to, practice and game day coverage at the Holmes Sports Center and Daly Field, maintenance of medical record, insurance claims, and injury management;
2. Day-to-day operations of the athletic training room include but are not limited to prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic related injuries;
3. Professional communication with head coaches and coaching staff, as well as Athletic Director and support staff. Including, but not limited to, student-athlete emergency information, emergency action plans, scheduling, and day to day coverage;
4. Develop and maintain communication with the University Health Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and other external healthcare resources;
5. Coordination of game day needs for both home and away contests with opposing team's athletic trainers. Home contests require set-up, preparation and appropriate student-athlete care staffing;
6. Oversee the design and implementation of sport specific strength and conditioning programs;
7. Manage department staff safety education (coordinating CPR-AED training and certification with Simmons Public Safety; concussion education; environmental injuries and illnesses);
8. Organize and manage daily needs of the Athletic Training room;
9. Responsible for all emergency protocols for all University athletic facilities;
10. Submit annual City of Boston public health requirements;
11. Responsible for reporting to the Equal Opportunity Officer or Title IX Coordinator knowledge or receipt of reports of discrimination, discriminatory harassment, and retaliation from students or other members of the university community;
12. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics, Associate Director of Athletics, or University Medical Director.
1. Bachelor's or Master's degree from accredited Athletic Training program required;
2. Athletic Trainer Certified by the NATA and eligible for MA licensure in Athletic Training required;
3. 3-5 years of athletic training experience at the college level. Head Athletic Training experience is preferred;
4. Strength and Conditioning background strongly preferred;
5. Knowledge of NCAA and GNAC rules and regulations;
6. Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills;
7. Requires afternoon, evening & weekend hours combined with business hours and some moderate travel;
8. A valid driver's license is required.
Required Application Materials
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Director-of-Sports-Medicine--Head-Athletic-Trainer_R07506-1
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.