The University of North Texas G. Brint Ryan College of Business is the choice of more than 7,000 students – making it one of the largest business schools in the nation. Since 1961, the college has been continuously accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) – a hallmark of the world’s best business schools. Nationally recognized and cutting-edge degrees, enable students to learn beyond the classroom so they can become leaders in their field.
Responsible for formulating and executing event strategy for the College consistent with its mission, vision, and operating entities. Directly supports the College’s leadership team in developing area specific engagement, stewardship, and strategic event creation and management ensuring all outward facing events are consistent with the brand, and developing and managing an event budget. Develops and executes strategy for increased donor stewardship, retention and philanthropic support. Position requires collaboration with senior leadership team; supervision provided to student workers, student ambassadors and event volunteers.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and four years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to adapt to program/project and incorporate creativity and originality
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, hospitality management, public relations or related field.
- Strong experience in event planning and management.
- Knowledge of DFW area events.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, internet, and email skills.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge software a plus.
- Successful candidate must be able to perform light lifting of chairs and tables if event set-ups need minor changes. Must be able to lift up to 15-20 pounds