The Institution: Okanagan College
With a history that dates to 1963, Okanagan College has over a half-century history of providing postsecondary education and training to the Okanagan, Shuswap, and Similkameen regions. The College has a strong reputation for excellence in learning and teaching. The students, alumni, and employees of the College have helped support the development and growth of the Okanagan region, which has distinguished itself in recent years as one of the fastest growing and most dynamic areas in Canada.
To learn more, please visit OC’s website.
The Opportunity: President
As the most senior employee within the organization, the President is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of Okanagan College in a manner that achieves the vision, goals, and objectives established by the Board of Governors to meet the needs of students, faculty, instructors, staff and the larger community. With a focus on ensuring the continued relevance, credibility, viability and culture of the College, the President will develop key partnerships and works in conjunction with government, agencies, industry and other post-secondary institutions to further the interests of the College. Responsibilities include establishing organizational goals, assigning priorities to guide their implementation, and evaluating progress toward their achievement.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A Master’s Degree or other relevant post-graduate education.
- A record of accomplishment as a scholar and teacher, and/or a combination of senior administrative and teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Intellectual depth and an understanding of the post-secondary landscape and diverse college community, particularly within the British Columbian and Canadian contexts; a passionate commitment to what postsecondary institutions in general – and Okanagan College in particular – can contribute to society.
- An understanding of the issues and challenges that will face public higher education institutions in the coming years and ability to address these issues.
- Planning experience at a senior level involving the setting of strategic direction, priority development, resource allocation, and transition and change.
- A record of successful advocacy in developing strong government relations.
- A proven track record of successful fund-raising, and the ability to develop an ongoing fund-raising capacity to support new levels of excellence within Okanagan College.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: https://leadersinternational.com/okanagan-college-president/
Contact: Robin Noftall or Greg Longster
Leaders International Executive Search
- - 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422