Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President for Advancement Services, the Senior Director of Application Services provides technical leadership, planning, and guidance for the maintenance, implementation or upgrade of applications, and the design and development of new applications or interfaces, which will include a new CRM for the division (expected to be procured within the next 12-18 months). The Senior Director leads all activities related to the development and management of applications that enable Advancement’s business operations. Specifically, the Senior Director oversees and manages installations, configurations, hosting, troubleshooting, technical testing, upgrades, and integrations.
The Senior Director partners with staff who are the principal subject matter experts to promote utilization/adoption of products; will drive efficiency and automation of efforts, within and between systems, and innovation; and will optimize the connectivity and automation between disparate applications and systems as well as with UB’s data infrastructure.
Additional duties will include:
* Actively participates in university-wide conversations to drive data sharing and integrity, ensuring that the division maintains and secures access to data elements needed to execute business objectives.
* Initiates and leads conversations with cross-functional divisional stake holders to understand business objectives, drive and enhance business outcomes, improve data analysis and business reporting, implement process improvements, and automate workflow management; Evaluates and makes recommendations on other applications to meet organizational needs.
* Oversees the technical staff that support Advance Web and other divisional applications including performance review, goal setting, planning and performance management.
* Oversees the integrity of systems through problem detection, resolution and prevention techniques, including performance analysis and tuning, debugging and security design.
* Establishes and manages data security and compliance controls across all applications.
* With subject matter experts (application champions), drives innovation and product development with 3rd party vendors.
Division of University Advancement
Building stronger connections with UB’s 280,000+ alumni and donors worldwide is critical to the university’s goal: to situate UB among the nation’s top 25 public research universities. UB alumni and friends are grateful and generous, supporting the largest, most ambitious fundraising campaign the university has ever launched. Through the Boldly Buffalo: The Campaign for UB, we seek to raise $1 billion. We invite you to join our University Advancement team and be part of our historic efforts.
The University at Buffalo, a flagship university of the State University of New York (SUNY) system, is a research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence and making a positive impact on the world. As a member of the prestigious American Association of Universities (AAU), UB is recognized as one of the leading research universities in the world, while remaining affordable for many first-generation students. Home to more than 31,000 students from diverse backgrounds, UB offers exceptional student experiences inside and outside the classroom. By attracting the world’s best faculty and students, UB elevates the educational experience, brings an influx of national and global talent to Western New York, secures federal investments in academic research that tackles pressing societal problems, and catalyzes growth and innovation across business and industry. Here, students and faculty work side by side, seeking knowledge and practice that leads to better health, stronger buildings, more compassionate and just communities, innovative ways to teach, a more sustainable environment and smarter business practices for our world.
Salary: $115,000 - $125,000