Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Marketing Manager (7552U), BAMPFA - 36609
University of California, Berkeley
Marketing Manager (7552U), BAMPFA - 36609
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
The mission of the UC Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive
(BAMPFA)'s mission is to inspire the imagination and ignite critical dialogue through art, film, and other forms of creative expression. BAMPFA has developed an international reputation for its active and ambitious exhibition programs, as well as for the quality of its art and film collections and research resources. BAMPFA is an institution with a stellar history and an exciting future.
The Marketing Manager joins a forward-looking museum looking to build a highly collaborative team culture, with the opportunity to reshape and advance the brand through cohesive messaging and strong storytelling. The position reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications and is responsible for contributing to the creation and distribution of compelling, dynamic content that positions BAMPFA's programs and mission to a broad range of audiences, including visitors, members, and donors, as well as students, researchers, and art and film professionals both locally and worldwide. The Marketing Manager brings creative and strategic skills to communication and storytelling across diverse platforms and media, as well as supporting the department's efficient and productive functioning.
This position works closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications to help define and cultivate audiences through engagement, market research, and feedback, and to expand the museum's brand awareness and reputation. The Marketing Manager works through cross-functional sharing and collaboration across all BAMPFA departments to advance marketing strategies, tactics, and materials in support of the institutional goals and strategic plan.
BAMPFA seeks a highly creative individual who is versatile, motivated, and organized. This role requires the candidate to work on-site.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 06/10/2022.
Creative Planning & Execution:
- Participates in development of audience-based marketing and advertising campaigns, concepts, and tactics.
- Executes and assists with development of advertising plans.
- Maintains and coordinates advertising schedules, space reservations, production and delivery of materials.
- Experiments with storytelling techniques to drive engagement and attendance.
- Conceptualizes and creates material assets such as video, images, slideshows, and more.
- Applies learnings and best practices to consistently improve and evolve marketing materials, including email templates.
- Under limited supervision, plans, researches, and writes content about BAMPFA programs and initiatives across all marketing channels, including email, social media, website, lobby/outdoor screens, and the quarterly program guide.
- Applies subject-matter expertise and understanding of BAMPFA audiences to craft communications that educate, inform, and inspire readers/visitors.
- In collaboration with an editor and others, ensures clarity, organization, accuracy, style, and quality of content.
- Researches, selects, and occasionally commissions images for promotional use.
- Coordinates production and distribution of posters, mailings, and other marketing materials.
- Supports and develops priority partnership opportunities.
- Produces content for email and other e-publications.
- Provides input as needed for all public-facing written materials, such as press releases, invitations, exhibition labels, wall texts, and brochures.
- Maintains editorial style guide and brand standards.
Project Management & Production:
- Acts as primary coordinator for a wide range of institutional projects and ongoing initiatives, working closely with all departmental team members.
- Coordinates design, production, printing/posting, and distribution of program guide and plans schedules and workflow for maximum timeliness, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Maintains editorial calendar and coordinates distribution of content throughout BAMPFA's various communication channels, with an eye towards digital-first workflows where possible.
- Functions as a key liaison between curatorial teams, frontline staff, membership, and communications.
- Consults with web producer, publicist, and other staff to develop program-related content for the website, email, and other channels.
- Coordinates advertising placement and schedules, including paid social media.
- Oversees editorial and design work requests.
- Coordinates activities including events, promotional materials, and products designed to promote awareness of the department and/or campus services, programs or products within the campus community or to the general public.
- Helps implement and demonstrate new systems for increased institutional transparency and coherence.
Reporting & Internal Feedback:
- Researches, analyzes, monitors and evaluates marketing and/or sales efforts for effectiveness, reporting results to appropriate higher levels of administration.
- Consults with and advises BAMPFA staff regarding their marketing and communications needs.
- In collaboration with relevant BAMPFA departments such as Development, strategically manages digital communications portfolio, including email and web content, scheduling, messaging, design, and tone.
- Routes promotional communications for necessary approvals.
- Tracks metrics and provides regular reports to Director and collaborators.
- Recommends policy and procedural shifts based on best practices and post-mortem analysis.
- Collates and crafts content for impact reports and other ad hoc requests.
Administration & Departmental Support:
- Invoice processing and maintenance of departmental budget tracking spreadsheet.
- Supervises select student worker projects, and coordinates schedules, assignment of projects, and review of work with rest of team.
- Serves as liaison with vendors such as printers to coordinate production and distribution of materials, advertising placements, mailings, and invoice routing.
- Oversees freelancers for editorial needs, and occasionally visual assets such as still photography and video.
- Maintains departmental folders and systems, including archiving of materials in final form (print, pdf, etc.) and management of visual assets.
- Administers ISBN and CIP data for catalogs, and coordinates necessary promotional image use for exhibitions and programs.
- Coordinates event materials and represents the museum at events, as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing and communications media, including digital and social media.
- Understanding of fundamental marketing principles, strategies, techniques, and best practices.
- Ability to write clear, lively, engaging and compelling copy in a variety of styles appropriate to target audiences and the broader public, while ensuring adherence to BAMPFA's key messages.
- Expertise in storytelling through a variety of print and digital media.
- Thorough knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques.
- Adept at writing and editing marketing copy.
- Enthusiasm for art, film, public engagement, and being a part of a mission-driven workplace.
- Solid knowledge of office tools, including Google Suite, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with an interest and ability to learn new software and web-based programs.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including active listening and effective collaboration skills.
- Thorough analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Close attention to detail, with rigorous project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent time- and project-management skills with proven ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Motivated, goal-oriented team player who enjoys working collaboratively.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to shifting priorities and time-sensitive scenarios.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Interest and skill in photography and/or video.
- Email marketing experience a strong plus.
- Familiarity with BAMPFA, including its mission, goals, achievements, infrastructure, programs, and policies.
Salary & Benefits
This is a 100% full-time (40 hrs a week) exempt career position, which is paid monthly and eligible for full UC Benefits. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $69,200.00 - $73,000.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
Referral Source info
This job is part of the Employee Referral Program. If a UC Berkeley employee is referring you, please ensure you select the Referral Source of "UCB Employee" and then enter the employee's Name and Berkeley email address in the Specific Referral Source field. Please enter only one name and email.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=36609&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |