Job Title Development Assistant
Full Time / Part Time Full Time
Job Type Staff
Reports To Sr. Director, Corporate & Foundation Relations
This position is responsible for providing a full range of effective and proactive secretarial and administrative support services for the Sr. Director, Corporate & Foundation Relations and the Corporate Development Officer in the management of his/her pool of prospects, and works closely with them to support all aspects of the Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) program. The successful candidate will:
- Manage and prioritize fundraising communications with external and internal constituents including proposals and other solicitations, mailings, sponsorship invoicing, database management;
- Proofread and compose correspondence, proposals, and reports;
- Organize logistics of meetings, retreats and events;
- Provide day-to-day oversight of student workers.
1. Assist the Sr. Director, Corporate & Foundation Relations and Corporate Development Officer with the management of a pool of 150-200 prospects through scheduling visits, preparing background materials on prospects, and coordinating other pre- and post-visit activities based on knowledge of their schedules and priorities. Help advance CFR solicitations and strategic initiatives including vendor solicitation.
2. Support the Sr. Director, Corporate & Foundation Relations in effective and efficient day-to-day management of the CFR program. Proficiently perform a variety of secretarial and administrative duties for the CFR team including drafting correspondence, preparing proposal packages, creating and manipulating reports, maintaining records and databases, tracking sponsorship programs, invoicing, professionally screening callers and visitors, process incoming donor contributions in accordance with university policies and procedures, and responding personally based on knowledge of programs and services. Serve as primary contact for student workers.
3. Provide event support for the CFR team including assistance in the set-up, scheduling and follow up for events, assist with event logistics, and enter database updates.
4. Perform related duties as assigned.
This position is best served by an individual with excellent oral and written communications skills and who has highly developed organizational skills and attentiveness to detail. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and database experience) and strong interpersonal skills including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with donors and members of the Bryant community are essential.