The Department of Rehabilitation Sciences at Tufts University School of Medicine is where the four (4) Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) programs are housed. The Tufts DPT programs follow an accelerated, hybrid learning education model that combines online learning, onsite lab immersions, and integrated clinical education experiences. Tufts DPT graduates are market-ready physical therapists ready to serve society as human movement specialists. Tufts DPT programs are offered in three locations, Boston, Phoenix, and Seattle with development underway of a fourth site in Atlanta.
What You'll Do
The Department Manager plays a critical leadership role and is responsible for the business functions of the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, including financial, administrative, and human resources operations for the Department. The position supports the Department Chair in articulating policies, protocols, and other communications to staff and faculty.
This position is ideal for someone who is self-motivated, requires minimal supervision, performs efficiently to meet deadlines, sometimes under pressure during busy times, and demonstrates good judgment with confidential information. Importantly, the department manager should be pleasant, approachable, and enthusiastic.
- Works closely with the Department Chair to facilitate short and long-range strategic planning and the allocation of financial and budgetary activities
- Manages department administration, finances, and operations including faculty appointment, promotion, and resignation
- Supervises administrative staff and staff assistants, all of whom also provide support for academic faculty
- Acts as liaison between the Chair and personnel to communicate information in both directions, promoting inclusiveness in the department, and supporting the mission of the department
- Develops and implements internal procedures and protocols
- Partners with operations division to manage facilities and office openings, moves, renovations and space planning across multiple site locations
- Oversees department information technology needs and planning
- Performs other activities related to the management of the department and program
- Represents department, faculty and programs to university and external community and communicates on behalf of the Chair
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience working in a complex business environment or an academic management support setting
- Superior communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong budget, financial and supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to work autonomously and with initiative
- Master's degree
- Experience managing in a multi-site hybrid environment a plus
- Management and supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with Adobe (.pdf) and Qualtrics
Minimum $84,400.00, Midpoint $105,550.00, Maximum $126,700.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.