Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director, Communications, Public Relations and Marketing
The Fletcher School is the United States’ first professional graduate school of international affairs. Since 1933, Fletcher’s multi-disciplinary education in international relations, law, and business has prepared the world’s leaders to become innovative problem-solvers in government, private sector, and non-governmental organizations. The Fletcher School seeks to fulfill its mission in the most environmentally sensible way possible. We are also committed to increasing the diversity of our administrative staff. Members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
The Director, Communications, Public Relations and Marketing will lead the communications and marketing efforts to develop and implement an integrated strategic communications, marketing and engagement plan that will advance Fletcher’s strategic goals and objectives; amplify its voice; and enhance the Fletcher brand to broaden its impact and enrich its reputation across multiple constituencies.
Strategy and Senior Leadership
- Develop a comprehensive and evolving strategic communications and marketing plan that effectively represents the Dean’s vision and delivers on the school’s priorities.
- Enhance and strengthen the school’s engagement with multiple audiences, including potential degree program candidates, educators, alumni, partner organizations, thought leaders in global affairs, and other key influencers in media and business communities.
- Drive the development and growth of a compelling digital presence and take a proactive approach to media relations and social media efforts to ensure that Fletcher’s messages and stories reach key target audiences and have impact.
- Deliver Fletcher’s communication and marketing priorities across various platforms including social media, the press, web presence, and print publications.
- Strengthen internal communications capacity to enhance school’s current change management and operations focusing on current student body, faculty, and staff.
- Act as a chief marketing spokesperson for external audiences, including news media and professional communities.
- Ensure alignment with university communications and marketing strategy.
- Ensure communications and marketing resources, human and financial, are stewarded and directed towards strategic priorities and provide advice and support where necessary to individual faculty, center, and institutes.
- Ensures that editorial standards are in place and maintained across all digital platforms and all outlets where the school’s name is invoked.
- Work closely with the Dean and Dean’s office to effectively and efficiently develop communications required in response to crisis situations.
- Lead risk management and reputational management efforts, especially on sensitive public relations issues.
Management of the Communications, Public Relations and Marketing Office
- Provide leadership and inclusive supervision and management to the team, and promote collaborative interdisciplinary teamwork, open communication, and responsible self-direction within the department.
- Recruit and maintain a skilled and cohesive team in CPRM’s functions and works collaboratively with other departments especially on delivery of strategic priorities with shared responsibility, for example enrollment marketing.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through a Bachelor's degree and at least fifteen years' directly related marketing, advertising, and public relations experience.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, excellent oral, written and communication skills, able to lead and effect change in a large, decentralized, and complex environment.
- An inclusive leader skilled in leading, motivating and developing a diverse team.
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience responding to and managing communications crises.
- A proven track record of moving projects forward while anticipating future demands and opportunities.
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to interpret data to evaluate and inform strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and critically.
- Experienced in managing outside resources to deliver meaningful results on time and on budget.
- Must be able to consistently exercise sound judgment and possess strong skills in the areas of leadership, people, and fiscal management.
- M.B.A. degree.
- Demonstrated ability to advise senior leaders effectively, and to understand and navigate the higher education environment.
- Demonstrated seniority and gravitas to enforce policy and culture across all stakeholder groups including faculty, alumni, Advisory Board, and senior University Administration.
Minimum $100,100.00, Midpoint $125,150.00, Maximum $150,200.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |