Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director, Center for Global Education
We are looking for an Assistant Director to join our Center for Global Education. Reporting to the Director, the Assistant Director will play a critical role in shaping international education experiences for Simmons students. From managing the full portfolio faculty-led courses abroad to advising students on study abroad opportunities, the Assistant Director will foster opportunities for students to engage in intellectually challenging and culturally enriching experiences. The Assistant Director will support both study abroad and international student services.
A key strategic partner on campus, Simmons's Center for Global Education (CGE) strives to cultivate and grow the intercultural competency of the Simmons community. The Center is responsible for managing international student services as well as all education abroad programming, including direct exchange partnerships and faculty-led Travel Courses. The CGE is a vital component to the internationalization of campus and, in building global leaders, continues to fulfill the legacy established by founder John Simmons.
Advising and Student Engagement:
- Manage the development and governance of all study abroad programs, including short-term faculty led Travel Courses and semester abroad, including but not limited to course structure, logistics and budget oversight;
- Conduct faculty Travel Course implementation seminars and short- term pedagogy;
- Aid in the regularly review and evaluation of e partner programs and third party vendors, conducting international site visits where necessary;
- Develop, execute and participate in CGE programming including the hosting of international visitors, study abroad fair, in-class presentations, info sessions, CPT/OPT workshops, pre-departure/reentry events, and others events and activities;
- Contribute to CGE handbook policy updates and revisions to ensure that Simmons embodies best practices in areas of Risk Management, Health & Safety, and Emergency Action Protocol among others;
- Provide day--to-day management of the CGE, ensuring coordination across the CGE's main functional areas (advising, operations, program design, and curriculum integration);
- Serve as an active and engaged member of CGE-related councils including Simmons Education Abroad Council, Simmons Study Abroad Scholarship Committee, Colleges of the Fenway Study Abroad Council and the International Students and Scholars Advising Committee;
- Serve as an active member of the Simmons Emergency Action Plan Team for international incidents and emergencies involving Simmons' students;
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and trends, infusing this knowledge into the day-to-day and strategic operation of the CGE.
- Oversee the student lifecycle including engagement and outreach, advising on applications, course approval and selection, as well as pre-departure orientations, health and safety compliance, re-entry programming and re-engagement with the CGE;
- Provide advising services for students interested in global experiences, including goal setting, program selection, cross-cultural awareness, as well as visa guidance;
- Serve as International Student Advisor, meeting with international students and advise on issues which impact their F-1 status, including reviewing documentation for on-campus employment, CPT, OPT.
Instructions to Applicants
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, including experience in international student services and/or study abroad;
- Master's degree plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, including experience in international student services and/or study abroad preferred;
- Active membership and/or participation and interest in international higher education professional organizations (i.e. NAFSA) preferred;
- Demonstrated interest to international education and learning opportunities, with a promotion of cross-cultural understanding;
- Experience advising and counseling students, preferably in a higher education setting;
- Previous experience studying or living abroad;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to engage people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with and establish positive relationships with all members of the Simmons' community as well as external third party vendors and institutions;
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency status preferred in order to serve as a DSO;
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
: Please submit a resume and cover letter in the Resume/CV section of your application.
As a University committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Director--Center-for-Global-Education_R05356
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |