University of Idaho
University Advancement (Div)
$66,539 per year or higher depending on education and experience
The Director of Stewardship reporting to the Associate Vice President of Advancement Services advances the University of Idaho's fundraising and engagement efforts by fostering a culture of donor and volunteer-focused stewardship and relationship-building throughout the University. The Director creates and manages a program for the strategic cultivation, recognition and stewardship of individual donors and volunteers that fulfills the University's responsibility to its constituents through regular contact and reporting of contribution and impact.
- Bachelors degree in communications or related field and five years experience in fundraising or related area, such as communications, marketing, sales or hospitality
- Supervisory experience with direct reports and/or volunteers
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Experience in advancement, preferably in higher education or not-for-profit organization
- Strong knowledge of development activities, particularly donor relations and stewardship
- Demonstrated professional writing, editing, analytical and research skills; strong prior experience composing correspondence and/or copy is preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Demonstrated project management skills and proven ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and an ability to interface professionally with administration, faculty, staff, students and donors
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of database systems and word-processing systems to create and manage list segmentation, reporting and tracking mechanisms
- Willingness to travel and work odd hours and weekends
Open Until Filled:
To be considered your Letter of Qualification must address each of the required qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the preferred qualifications as relevant.
For 1st consideration, please apply by July 13, 2020.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.