Position: Associate Director of Student Accounts for Student Service
Department: Office of Student Accounts
The Associate Director of Student Accounts for Student Service will serve as the manager for the student facing business services and staff while interfacing daily with the Office of Finance, Financial Aid and Registrar and other Administrative offices. The Associate Director works to support the overall goals and mission of the Office of Student Accounts and Stevens Institute of Technology which ensures student centricity and excellence in all we do.
Example of Some Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead direct reports and provide continual training to promote professional growth, accurate processing, and excellent customer service.
- Manage the front office business functions for Student Accounts which includes cashiering, accounts receivable, cash management, student outreach, and student counseling.
- Monitor and evaluate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with University, state, and federal regulations, standard accounting procedures and adherence to best practices.
- Keep up to date on changes to State and Federal regulations including student accounts, student refunds, student financial responsibility, 1098T processing, and cash/credit handling.
- While providing the highest level of customer service, assist students and parents with escalated inquiries regarding student accounts; provide advice on alternative payment methods; if necessary, create specialize tuition repayment plans; and ensure that collection policies and procedures are maintained.
- Assist with audit preparation and maintain appropriate internal controls and documentation procedures.
- Develop, organize, and maintain reporting of key data across multiple platforms
- Coordinate scheduled communications to students regarding late fees, billing, financial holds, bridge plans and exiting balances.
- Safeguard assets and contribute to the sound internal control environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Accounts
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of higher education experience or equivalent in experience is required.
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires a high level of expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word
- The individual must be an analytical, detail oriented, highly motivated, independent thinker who possesses excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening).
- Must be a team player with a demonstrated inter-personal skill in a customer service setting.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with a strong willingness to learn new skills.
Office of Financial Services
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police